Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 14:05   #1

High Level Peak Scratchy Sound. Please Help!!!

Hi Guys

I am hearing High Level Peak Scratchy Sound from newly installed Pioneer DEH 4190 SD. This irritating sound started coming after almost a week, i got it installed.

Basically the sound comes when I play MP3 / WMA / AAC format songs by using SD card or USB pen drive. They worked well (absolute no problem) for a week but then after it started giving scratchy sound.

I reported and got it tested by Autocop India (Authorised Distributor in India) but NO LUCK. They said that it s first time they have faced this problem so solution might time.

Please help if any of you have faced this kinda problem.

Thanks
-dpk
Old 18th June 2009, 14:10   #2
Team-BHP Support

Remove speakers and visually inspect the magnets for any metal clinging on it.
Old 18th June 2009, 14:38   #3

Are you sure it something to do at Speakers' end??? not at at Source end (Stereo).
Old 18th June 2009, 17:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

check some wiring is shorting some where.. open and check each wiring joints if problem presists then force them to replace head
Old 20th June 2009, 14:02   #5
BHPian

does the sound come when you play a specific track? or track set? if yes then first check the track on pc on headphones. if track is fine then burn the same tracks to a disk and check if it happens again. if it does not repeat the sound then issue is card reader. if sound repeats check by disconnecting one speaker at a time. if it persists even then then replicate the sound on their test bench and ask for replacement.

if you don't have consistency in reproduction of sound then verify if its also happening in the other sources like cd and radio. if yes please check with installer with a different head. if the sound persists the problem is speaker. thats as simply i can think.
Old 20th June 2009, 21:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Does the scratchy sound come while playing FM or CD too? If so, the HU or speakers are at fault. If not, it is the storage or file or looj kaneksan in the HU. You haven't mentioned which speakers you are using and at what volume level this happens. Yes, swapping the HU would also be a good diagnostic step.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks