Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2009, 19:02   #1

ICE-ing my Scorpio

People I need some serious help in trying to improve the quality of ICE available in my Scorpio.

Some basics about my Baby Elephant
2007 CRDe, SLX (the top end at that point of time),
OEM HU (with a USB and Card Reader built-in) and
4 Stock speakers (2 on the rear door and 2 on front doors).

Now with almost 1.5 years and 31k kilometers done on the odometer, i am thinking of a ICE upgrade. Therefore was going through the basic guides that are available but would request some help from the guru's to get going.

The Budget is around 20k but if need be i could put up another 5 to make my daily drive a lot more pleasant.

The kind of music that i hear is predominantly Rock and a Dash of Hip Hop, followed by whatever is available on the FM.

The HU i understand would definitely need to be changed, but i would not want to give up on the USB connectivity. Plus I would also request the contact of some experienced installer in Delhi (South Delhi would be a big big plus), who probably can do it the first time right.

Rest I am totally open to suggestions.

Thanks...
Old 8th July 2009, 23:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

hi buddy, i am not a ICE expert but since nobody else is answering your query & since even i have a scorpio, here is my 2 cents:

1) change the HU to something better, say pioneer, there are many variants with USB : Rs. 5000-10,000
2) go for component speakers in the front, say GZ or JBL : Rs. 5000-8000
3) scorpio does not have slots in the rear door & i would not advise you to cut the door panel. in my 7 seater version, i have placed two co-axials in boxes in betwwen the second row seat & the side facing third row seats : Rs. 3000-6000
4) go for a 4 ch amp : Rs. 4000-8000
Old 9th July 2009, 11:20   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_s View Post
Some basics about my Baby Elephant
OEM HU (with a USB and Card Reader built-in) and
4 Stock speakers (2 on the rear door and 2 on front doors).

The Budget is around 20k but if need be i could put up another 5 to make my daily drive a lot more pleasant. The kind of music that i hear is predominantly Rock and a Dash of Hip Hop, followed by whatever is available on the FM.

The HU i understand would definitely need to be changed, but i would not want to give up on the USB connectivity.
1. Pio and JVC make VFM Hus for about 8K that hafve USB connectivity
2. You can look at 4 speakers from JBL (GT5 series) or Blaupunkt (Thx series) or lesser distributed brands like Illusion, Bull, etc. 4 speakers should cost you about 7K if you are look at coax speakers and 9K if you are lookig at components for the front and coax for the rear.
What's left could be spend on damping the front doors (if 3-5K is left) or an amplifier (if 6-7K is left).
Old 9th July 2009, 15:08   #4
BHPian

You must have noticed that in scorpio (& innova) the sound for the second and third row seats is not so clear, i mean the vocals. it is just like surround music and vocals coming from the front. i put all four components to overcome this (may be wrong!). Now second row get proper vocals, third row is still like receiving surround sound.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:42   #5

Thanks Raj, Navin and Dineshnan for your inputs.

I was looking at changing my HU to a Pioneer 7150, followed by JBL speakers. I looked up online and think the JBL GT5 6''*9'' should match my requirements.

Also figured out a JBL lounge just next doors in Delhi, so intend to poke around the place this weekend to figure out my new speakers.
Old 28th February 2010, 23:29   #6
BHPian

Thane ICE shops

Hi, can some one pls lket me know good ICE shop in Thane?
I took delivery of Scorpio few days back and waiting to get info for some decent setup. Thanks.
Old 1st March 2010, 08:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

go to mulund buddy, near jain mandir. you have lots of car ICE shops over there but believe me, nothing is "good" as such.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 1st March 2010 at 08:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks