Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 18:44   #1

Fabia Eclipsed

Bought Fabia 1.2 HTP Classic in October 2008 with Factory fitted Ice (Headunit + 2 Front Speakers + tweeters ). Strangely HU has only only connection leads for connecting Front Speakers. No Connection/Preout for Rear speaker or subwoofer. ICE in Fabia can only be upgraded in limited manner by connecting a Peripheral RCA Connector wherin you can use Front speakers and Sub in Bridged Mode. Cost of this was roughly Rs.3000/- and was still not sure of SQ after upgrade. So considered a second option of replacing the HU alongwith the Face Adaptor Plate (HU is oversized). But none of the shops had the Face Adaptor Plate. So i was stuck with existing factory ICE setup and with DLS components, Sony Sub, and JBL 2 CH Amp & Sony 2 Ch AMP removed from my previous car, Swift. Finally in June on enquiring with Dealer( Motorsound, juhu), I found the Adaptor Plate and did the subseqent upgrade.

Current setup: HU: Eclipse CD 3100 (Preout 6 Channel/5v)

Front Comp: DLS classic Series
AMP: Sony 2CH & JBL 2CH
Sub: Sony 12"

Cost:

HU: Rs.8500/-
Adaptor Faceplate: Rs. 3500/-
Rest of the stuff was transferred from my previous swift.

The Eclipse cd 3100 is a discontinued model and i got it for only Rs.8500/- all inclusive with B&W. The same model was retailing at around Rs.16,000/- sometime in Jan 09. The sound quality from the HU is VERY GOOD. I have been using Pioneer HU as long as I can remember and never had any issues with build quality and SQ was also pretty decent. BUT compared to Pioneer the SQ of this unit is definitely superior then the PIO HU like 6850 or 4190, ( my HU in other cars). In fact in my optra, i have the identical setup as in Fabia except for the HU. The only drawback is that it does not have USB connectivity. IPOD connectivity is aslo not available in India.

All in all, this is the best sounding car of mine till date, the installation by the dealer was very neat. Forgot to mention that I lost my DLS tweeters and am using the Fabias orignal tweeter with suitably adjusted crossover of DLS.
Attached Thumbnails
Fabia Eclipsed-eclipse-cd-3100_1.jpg  

Old 24th July 2009, 11:56   #2
BHPian

Congrats friend. Please post more pics.
Old 24th July 2009, 12:21   #3
BHPian

Congrats friend. Head Unit looks good. How does the Fabia tweeters paired with DLS sound ?? Add some more pics of the set up please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks