Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 17:12   #1
BHPian

how good is pioneer gm-5001t for 4000rs?

hi friends,
i have a doubt as usual!. one of the accessory shop near my place has a pioneer 760 watts GM-5001T, 2 channel amplifier in very good condition for 4000rs. which is bargainable!. i already have a 4 channel 440 watts pioneer amp to power my sub and 2 pioneer oval/co-axial speakers. what am planning to do is get a seprate amp to power my sub and use the existing amp to power front boston speakers and rear pioneer co axial. my sub woofer is an old motel pioneer ts 305 with 800 watts .
my doubts are.
1)if i get the new amp, will it provide any better response from subwoofer?
2) if i plan to upgrade my sub in future, will i be able to do with pioneer gm-5001t?
3) do you think the price quoted for this amp (used) is ok? lookwise, the amp is in good condition.

PS: mods please dont move to another thread as it will get unnoticed and i wont get reply on time from fellow bhpians. the dealer has given me only 2 days time as somebody else has agreed to take it at the same price.
thank you.
Old 24th July 2009, 17:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

The amp is a good deal, especially if it has not undergone any repairs. Power is 380W rms into 4ohms bridged - quite decent. It will work quite well with your old motel 305 (though you should consider shifting to a better hotel, sorry, sub model).
Old 24th July 2009, 18:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The amp is a good deal, especially if it has not undergone any repairs. Power is 380W rms into 4ohms bridged - quite decent. It will work quite well with your old motel 305 (though you should consider shifting to a better hotel, sorry, sub model).
yea, amp is in very good condition, screws and pioneer stickers are intact. any idea about the price of the new amp in market?(same model). so you are telling, i can use the same amp with a better sub, say jbl 1100 watts tube or something like that? or a dual voice coil pioneer? from the figures its obvious that i cant upgrade to 1000+ watts sub, but still any possibility of upgradation?
Old 24th July 2009, 19:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Don't go in for the Maximum Power. Always look for the RMS power.

You can go in for any sub which can take about 350w rms @ 4 ohm and more.
Old 24th July 2009, 20:44   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Don't go in for the Maximum Power. Always look for the RMS power.

You can go in for any sub which can take about 350w rms @ 4 ohm and more.
ok, got it..
can u suggest me few subwoofers which can match this amp? budget will be around 5000/- can i opt for dual coil sub?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks