Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 16:45   #1
BHPian

Music System Troubleshooting !!!

hi guys. i need your help on my ICE. i recently had got my system from automarc. U know pioneer AVH 4150 , focal components, focal speakers, focal amplifier and kicker mono amp and bass tube again kicker. At first i had installed the mtx mono Amplifier and mtx 4 channel amplifier. Then i upgraded to focal amplifier from automarc only because of the SQ. since then im having this problem that sometimes during songs either the song voice goes away and all you can hear is the bass or the bass goes away. i have made dozens of rounds to automarc and he had changed every time the amplifier saying its tripping. And still im having the same problem.
The enitre setup had costed me around a lakh and my god this problem does'nt seem to go away. Can anybody help on this. I dont think the automarc guy sanjay he himself knows the problem or he's hiding it i don't know !

Thanks.
Old 18th August 2009, 17:21   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoverride9x View Post
hi guys. i need your help on my ICE. i recently had got my system from automarc. U know pioneer AVH 4150 , focal components, focal speakers, focal amplifier and kicker mono amp and bass tube again kicker. At first i had installed the mtx mono Amplifier and mtx 4 channel amplifier. Then i upgraded to focal amplifier from automarc only because of the SQ. since then im having this problem that sometimes during songs either the song voice goes away and all you can hear is the bass or the bass goes away. i have made dozens of rounds to automarc and he had changed every time the amplifier saying its tripping. And still im having the same problem.
The enitre setup had costed me around a lakh and my god this problem does'nt seem to go away. Can anybody help on this. I dont think the automarc guy sanjay he himself knows the problem or he's hiding it i don't know
Thanks.

This sounds like the amp for the compo's is overheating and going into protect. 2 questions, 1) where is the amp located and what car?
2) Does this happen at high volumes only?
Old 18th August 2009, 21:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quite likely bad wiring - either power or ground, causing intermittence in both amps. Go to someone else, ask them to strip the power and ground wiring, and redo it.

But first, check the RCA cables from the HU to the amps. Especially if they have used a Y-cable to split signal from one amp to the other. Give the cables a good shake to see if you can reproduce the fault at will.
Old 18th August 2009, 22:11   #4
BHPian

HI To Stefanm -- 1. check this link- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...onda-city.html
but currently i have a focal amplifier and a kicker mono amp.
and yes it happens when it is on high volumes ! Currently the sound is going off and all you can hear is the bass and then after sometime it automatically comes back.

To DerAlte - Well maybe your right but the thing is that earlier i had this setup the one in the link above and then i did'nt have any problems but right after i got the amplifiers changed ive been having this problems and well the last time this amplifier was put was a week back it did not happen then but today i had to face the same problem again.
The guy at Automarc says maybe its a amplifier overheating problem and it trips, but we have tried like 4 different amplifiers of different make. And still the same s***
Old 19th August 2009, 00:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

i dont think its an overheating issue.
try interchanging the wires running from the battery to the new focal amp with that of the kicker mono. im sure its an issue with either the current, or the RCA carrying the signal from the hu to the focal amp has gone bad. the amp just can't go into protect mode momentarily. I am sure the amp doesn't heat up enough to go into protect.
Old 19th August 2009, 01:03   #6
BHPian

??? Your installer says that the amp is going into thermal protection?

How are the amps mounted? We have installed quite a few focal amps, and they don't really heat up that much.

As said earlier check the wiring. Checked your install pics, I'm guessing the new amps are mounted in the same way. They shouldn't be going into thermal protection.

Your installer should get it sorted for you. Don't fret at all. You have PM.
Old 19th August 2009, 01:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest open your door panel and have a check at the Components Mid-bass contacts touching the body of your car door which is making the amplifier to go in protection mode,also with this get the Power+remote+grounding cables checked for some chisel cuts while installation.

Please post the pics of how your amplifier's are mounted.Its just a small technical snag and can be sorted out

Last edited by ramie2400 : 19th August 2009 at 01:46.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:02   #8
BHPian

where is the amp installed and in what car? I have a genesis p4 under my drivers seat which frequently goes into protect when pushed and driving without ac on, this is due to a lack of air flow around the amp, obviously your first port of call would be to check your earthing and other wiring, try a different dealer or an enthusiast near you to assist.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Debugging such things do not need much effort. If you can ask a companion to keep a watch on the amp lights (and some cotton in the ears), you can figure out whether the protection LED is lighting up OR the power LED is going off when the apparent tripping happens. Correct observation is the key to solving the problem.
Old 20th August 2009, 15:59   #10
BHPian

hi guys. well now he has changed the amplifier and it is of harmon and kardon and as of now its been like 2 days and i am not experiencing that problem at the moment meanwhile there is like a cut cut noise from the front components or the tweeters when the music is played at a high volume. any suggestions ?? ThankS.
Old 20th August 2009, 20:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for hijacking the thread buddy but I have a similar query. I got JBL 644 amp with JBL GT5-S12 sub. The problem is the buzz from the rear speakers; I know it has something to do with wiring, particularly earthing but can there be other causes?
Old 21st August 2009, 09:14   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoverride9x View Post
hi guys. well now he has changed the amplifier and it is of harmon and kardon and as of now its been like 2 days and i am not experiencing that problem at the moment meanwhile there is like a cut cut noise from the front components or the tweeters when the music is played at a high volume. any suggestions ?? ThankS.
Could be your amp clipping, which means gains are set to high or your speakers aren't able to handle the power, check the user manual for rms values of amp and speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Sorry for hijacking the thread buddy but I have a similar query. I got JBL 644 amp with JBL GT5-S12 sub. The problem is the buzz from the rear speakers; I know it has something to do with wiring, particularly earthing but can there be other causes?
Is it a buzz from the sub or rear speaker? are your running front and rear speakers from the hu, is the wiring stock or aftermarket?
Old 21st August 2009, 12:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
Is it a buzz from the sub or rear speaker? are your running front and rear speakers from the hu, is the wiring stock or aftermarket?
The buzz is from Rear speakers. Front speakers are running from HU and rear from Amplifier. The wiring for sub is JBL and rest it's either Chinese or the ones supplied with speaker.
Old 21st August 2009, 14:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Usually there are 2 sources of 'buzz' from a speaker: voice coil (spider problem, coil rubbing or dust) or rubber surround (separated from cone or torn somewhere). You need to take it out and check what is wrong.

1. Visually inspect rubber surround. If there is a problem, it is better to replace unless it is small enough that you can repair with a tiny bit of rubber adhesive

2. If voice coil is suspect, first visually inspect for a problem (through the frame). If nothing is obvious, keep the speaker cone up on a flat surface and gently press in the whole cone with your finger tips. If the coil is misaligned or if dust is present, you will be able to feel / hear a faint scratching sound. Try cleaning with compressed air and inspect again. If scratching persists, replace the speaker
Old 2nd September 2009, 22:40   #15
BHPian

I upgraded my 2 channel sony amplifier with an Infinity Reference 475a today - two rear channels are being used to power the 6x9's and front components will be added later (after a DIY project for mounting them).

The problem is that I'm hearing some static(similar to when tuning a radio but lesser in magnitude) from the rear speakers - when the HU is reading the USB drive or CD.

The static is not noticeable when audio is playing but it can be heard when there is no audio signal to the amp. This happens both with the engine running and with the engine switched off. Also, there's a bit of crackle when the HU (Pioneer DEH 7950UB) is switched on.

8 gauge finolex cables have been used for power and ground wiring and the RCA's are routed from the other side of the car. What could be causing the static ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks