Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2005, 12:31   #1
BHPian

Duplicate Stereo / Speakers

I have heard that there are many duplicate in the market especially for Sony brand. Doe anyone know how to spot a fake one from the real one ?
Old 4th July 2005, 17:32   #2
BHPian

Sony PitStop

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15
I have heard that there are many duplicate in the market especially for Sony brand. Doe anyone know how to spot a fake one from the real one ?
Hey Shobhit15,

Somebody was telling me that Sony stamps the inner rim (the conecter/magnet side) with some AlphaNumerics or likes...Not too sure.

But since you are from Noida, Vist Durga Car Decor Sec 16 - Sony Authorised Pit-Stop. All products are originals with genuine Sony India warranty.

If you are interested, PM me - I can manage a 10% discount on the MRP for you

Cheers
Old 4th July 2005, 17:38   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsailor

But since you are from Noida, Vist Durga Car Decor Sec 16 - Sony Authorised Pit-Stop. All products are originals with genuine Sony India warranty.
If you are planning on purchasing, another very good option is to buy it from the Sony authorised showroom. May cost you a little more, but you get peace of mind.

But I have to admit. I have heard bad things about Pioneers, not Sonys. The reason being that Sony's original pieces can be purchased at down to earth prices from Sony themselves. So not sure what this rumor is about.
Old 4th July 2005, 17:47   #4
BHPian

Xsailor, can you give me the address of this Durga Car Decor ?
And ofcourse I'll need the 10% discount too ;-)
Old 4th July 2005, 18:00   #5
BHPian

Shobhit15, Dunno the address but directions as below;
Enter Sec16 from the road which has Durian furniture at the corner, take the first right (lotsa banners for the Xplod!) and Durga Car is on for left, First shop after the vacant plot.
If it's a Sunday, just call me and perhaps I can drop in too..I stay in sec 15 so it is a hop-skip-&-jump for me.
I have PMd you my mob number. If I can not make it, just be at the shop and lemme talk with the owner - 10% discount will be on.

Cheers

Amit aka Xsailor

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th July 2005 at 11:24.
Old 4th July 2005, 18:10   #6
BHPian

Xsailor -> Thanks a lot yaar. I'll surely be in touch. By the way I'll also be needing a power antenna. Hope I get a discount on that too

Last edited by shobhit15 : 4th July 2005 at 18:11.
Old 4th July 2005, 18:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry93
another very good option is to buy it from the Sony authorised showroom. May cost you a little more, but you get peace of mind.
The other option is try to find out the trick on checking the originality from the Sony authorized showroom guys, implement it from outside shops and buy one ( if the cost difference is high)

If they say that they can't prove and it is only by the bill and warranty card we should rely upon, Sorry, NO OPTIONS.
Old 4th July 2005, 18:34   #8
BHPian

I also second the bill and warranty option. I recently went thru the experience of a brand like Blaupunkt conking off in 6 months flat and had it not been for the warranty, my pocket would have to suffer the damage. The speakers were replaced free of cost...
Old 4th July 2005, 20:17   #9
Team-BHP Support

Find an authorised dealer. most metros have them.
Old 6th July 2005, 14:33   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Trust me guys, there's a lotta Sh*t being duplicated. And not only in India. Whatever you buy, INSIST on a bill and warranty. I cant stress enough on that. Grey Market products may seem cheaper, but you could end up with a serious lemon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks