Team-BHP - Queries on i20 Magna ICE
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Queries on i20 Magna ICE (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/64246-queries-i20-magna-ice.html)

Hi gang,
Got a couple of queries. I had booked an i20 Magna last weekend. Magna and Asta come with Kenwood HU + 4 Kenwood speakers + 2 Tweeters, only difference is that Magna does not have a USB port, while the Asta model has.

My queries are -
(1). Is it worth changing the HU to something with a USB port. Would there be an exchange offer available for the same at an ICE dealer.
(2). Would changing the HU void the warranty?
(3). Lastly is there any workaround to this situation w/o a HU change. I don't have an iPod, only use my N73 ME to listen to music :)

As much as possible I would like to not spend much on changes,but would be willing to spend a few Ks for the same if required.

Thanks again for your replies!!!

Cheers
V

P.S. If the stickies oe elsewhere have any answers to the same, plz do let me know.

Is there an aux in available on the variant.
If yes, you are good to go and need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.
Though the quality won't be too good but acceptable if you arent too fussy about things.

If not, you would have to change the HU or see the rear of HU for a usb / aux in connection.
If all variants come with same HU, then there should be aux or usb inputs from the back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1451254)
Is there an aux in available on the variant.
If yes, you are good to go and need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.
Though the quality won't be too good but acceptable if you arent too fussy about things.

If not, you would have to change the HU or see the rear of HU for a usb / aux in connection.
If all variants come with same HU, then there should be aux or usb inputs from the back.

Yes, the magna HU comes with aux. Sales guy mentioned that Hyundai used to source the cables earlier, but stopped it lately due to "issues" with the cable.

Anyone with experience in trading an aux HU for a aux/usb HU?

The asta variant has a USB input. Cant that be added?

The HU Is basically the same as in the asta model, minus the usb slot. Remove the hu and see if it has some provision in the rear for the usb. Btw, if u want to use an N 73, just connect it through the aux port.

Hi planning on a magna too. Has this issue been solved?? Was usb added.........

I got my 120 CRDI Magna today and want to get an USB. Is it possible? please some one get easy solution so that even display works with USB.

@Rodeo, you need to get an HU which has a USB port. And yes, when playing a file stored on the USB, all USB-capable HUs display either the filename or the ID tags from that file.

Quote:

Originally Posted by somebodystopme (Post 1498782)
Hi planning on a magna too. Has this issue been solved?? Was usb added.........

Well, its been 5 weeks since I booked the car, dealer says it will take another 10 days due to some problem with tyre shortage in factory(blah blah). So, no progress yet :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinNbr (Post 1519234)
Well, its been 5 weeks since I booked the car, dealer says it will take another 10 days due to some problem with tyre shortage in factory(blah blah). So, no progress yet :Frustrati

There is article in ET for same: Car, two-wheeler tyre prices inflate on lower supply- Tyres-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

If its the same HU is used in Asta and Magna, USB can be added.
refer this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ur-i20-hu.html

Well, got my Black Diamond 1.2 Magna last week. Bought an aux cable for 500 bucks, connected it to the aux port and my N73, and voila, it worked :Cheering:

Sound quality is decent, depending on quality of the song, of course.
But overall im teh happy!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinNbr (Post 1543526)
Bought an aux cable for 500 bucks, connected it to the aux port and my N73, and voila, it worked!

:eek:

What cable did you get for 500 bucks? I got mine for Rs. 20-30 and it played clean from my E63.

Congrats VinNbr for your i20
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenh0rn (Post 1543981)
:eek:

What cable did you get for 500 bucks? I got mine for Rs. 20-30 and it played clean from my E63.

he would have bought the original Nokia accessory

I bought the cable from an Apple showroom. Didn't want to risk buying from the roadside due to quality concerns, however unfounded that might have been. Guess I should have bought one from the roadside lol: