Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 08:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

CF supports multi display if the motherboard supports it. i am not using multiple display, its a single display shared by both. getting a pci vga card soon, hope it sits inside the dash or will have to move the pc to boot. thats also not possible till i get my blaupunkt amplifier back.
Old 29th October 2009, 19:06   #32
BHPian

couple of questions

The headrest display is VGA? Or you are using a VGA to RCA/SVideo converter? Where did you source it from?

The reversing camera seems to have a distance display. Is that a reversing sensor display or just a static image? i am interested in buying a reversing camera kit which also has parking sensor display.
Old 29th October 2009, 19:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

The headrest dispaly has two RCA connection. got a vga to rca converter from lamington (cost around 1500, sorry don't remember as it is two years old)
The distance on reverse camera is a static image. i dont know if there is reverse camera display with parking sensor connection built in. What i have seen are two seperate units. thee is a thread on that topic
Old 25th December 2009, 07:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Minor update on setup:
used win7 with centrafuseauto 3 for some days but i didnt like the way volume and screen dimming had to be controlled. so back to cenrafuse2 with xp.
ADS FM radio is working now, getting all channels, but its volume/signal strength keeps varying with car in motion and change of direction. i am using the stock antenna with only the center pin connected to usb receiver. there was echo initially with buffer on but it became clear with buffer radio off. lastly want to try putting the usb receiver into a small metal box and see how it is.
could not install the pci graphics card due lack of space till now so dual screen operation is still pending.
Old 25th December 2009, 10:15   #35
BHPian

Gigy. Did you check the flux forum for skins ? You can customize the vol. and screen dimming buttons.

Great. So ADS Tech FM working with CF. You bought it for 40$ ?
Old 25th December 2009, 12:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

i didn't find any skin for version 3. moreover there was bit of issue with the phone function. the volume of mic always stayed at zero however i tried. i know i am missing something but didn't try much. So came back to version2.
FM is finally working but not anywhere like the analog car radios. i don't remember exactly but it was about 27$ i think when i bought it.
Will look out for the version 3 skins before trying it again. where am i supposed to put in the keys for version 3? i could not find any option for it.
Old 25th December 2009, 15:08   #37
BHPian

Gigy. You need to put the .lic file in CF default directory. email them your Hardware ID. they will send you the .lic file.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the info.
Old 5th April 2010, 17:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

carputer was inop for few days and i am running a panasonic now. already bored of FM and i am hating to carry pendrives to copy music.
so the rebuild starts this time its in the glove box. it will be a slow process this time though
Attached Thumbnails
Gigy's Carputer Setup-snc00045.jpg  

Gigy's Carputer Setup-snc00044.jpg  

Gigy's Carputer Setup-snc00043.jpg  

Old 5th April 2010, 23:55   #40
BANNED

good idea.
but make sure you use a fan at the back to cool it off.
all the best with your rebuilt.
Old 6th April 2010, 00:08   #41
BHPian

Great!, Nice to see the thing back in action again.
Any upgrades in the config?
Old 6th April 2010, 19:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

I don't think there will be a heat issue since this is more open than previous setup and once closed the glove compartment is open from inside. hope to drive the cpu at stock speed of 2.3ghz, i had underclocked it to 1.8ghz when it was inside the double din setup.

There is no config change, want to go for a indash lcd to minimize fabrication work provided present lcd sells or i will have to spend a day in setting it up. also need auto switching to reverse camera. An other option is to use present lcd in one of the headrest for rear passengers.

want to again go 5.1 but use only 2.1 to have a sub level control and TA. previous two attempts blew two amplifiers. In stereo i have been using a manual potentiometer inbetween carputer and amplifier and there has not been any issue, so planning to put in a second potentiometer in the sub line.

I am using two space audio speakers in rear now for rear fill and woofer is mounted on the back tray. so there is no interference of the ovals with subwoofer now. boot is always half full so i suppose it takes care of the sub volume theoretically at least.

i was tired of removing the sub box on long rides to accommodate baggage. now the sub remains to add little effect.
Old 10th April 2010, 11:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Finally carputer is back in action in old configuration itself as on now. using the same display which is on sale. this time i have tilted it slightly up for better visibility. this time i have used good amount of hot glue to do the fixing as it is fast and can be altered if required and no more making holes. baleno cosmetic parts are not easily available so no making holes this time. car was left whole day in sun and there was not effect of it on the hot glue.
hard disk is kept inbetween the cpu and glove compartment wrapped in a roll of sponge stuff. the whole loading of win7 took place when the car was in motion through Mumbai roads and there was no issues.
loading centrafuse 3.1 now.
looking out for a led cpu fan for some light inside
Attached Thumbnails
Gigy's Carputer Setup-snc00083.jpg  

Gigy's Carputer Setup-snc00085.jpg  

Last edited by gigy : 10th April 2010 at 11:17.
Old 11th April 2010, 21:02   #44
BANNED

Good to see you carpc back in action. hotglue is a nice idea.
i have 5 blue LED fans which i got for my ice setup but dint used, so now they are for sale. PM for more details.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:07   #45
BHPian

Nice setup Gigy. Is the white thingy a USB soundcard?

Go ahead with fans Monty classified. Else, I would recommend CoolerMaster for CPU fans anyday for their high CFM & low dB.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks