Team-BHP - Gigy's Carputer Setup
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Gigy's Carputer Setup (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/64264-gigys-carputer-setup-4.html)

Thanks.
The white one is usb fm receiver.
There is no problem with heating in this setup. i am running cpu at full speed and it is as cool as it was in test setup at home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy (Post 1879178)
Thanks.
The white one is usb fm receiver.

Details on it please:

Amazon.com: ADS RDX-155-EF Instant FM Music: Electronics
A D S ADS Technologies RDX-155-EF Instant FM Music RDX155 Cable Review
nothing great about it dose its job only if car is not moving, so not recommended buy

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy (Post 1893323)
nothing great about it dose its job only if car is not moving, so not recommended buy

So what do you recommend ?

if possible retain the head unit to have quality fm and control over music. some references are available in mp3car forum but a costly affair, i dont think its worth the effort for the contents in fm.

Got no plans of buying a new HU just for FM as well! The setup would be done in a brand new car which does not come with a HU. Any other suggestions ?

Carputer is off the baleno now. Getting rebuild with a SSD, HEX USB + CAN for VAG-COM 908 and Double DIN LCD Frame with IRV-070GL with rest of the configuration remaining same.
Thinking of using this small htpc cabinet in car instead of the metal cabinet.

Little update of work in progress

I have been struggling with this vagcom setup and pc was not booting up last two days. now found if vagcom is connected then pc refuses to boot. what could be the problem?

I am still to get any data out of it to centrafuse although vagcom through laptop with win xp is working

Where does it stop in the boot phase? Try disabling in BIOS the booting from USB. Perhaps the VAG-COM cable connection is being sensed as a bootable device and hence nothing happens after that.

Maybe it is drawing too much power from USB.

Does it work if you attach carputer to AC power supply via a normal PC SMPS.

just came across this thread n have to say awesome setup!!

a couple of thoughts crossed my mind or rather have been thinking about implementing them in my carpc...hope you can shed some light
  1. is it possible to transfer music to your carpc hdd via Wifi??
  2. does Centrafuse support multiple video/audio (eg. main screen on Navigation+songs while rear screens on independent movies with audio being handled by headphones)
  3. are there any amps that support optical inputs?
peace,
~kg

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 2140626)
Maybe it is drawing too much power from USB ...

That shouldn't disturb anything else, especially while booting. On overcurrent, the internal hub will disable the port. The VAG-COM 908 cable is not expected to draw more than 100 mA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapilvgupta (Post 2140698)
is it possible to transfer music to your carpc hdd via Wifi??

Yes! You can transfer anything you want over WiFi.

Quote:

does Centrafuse support multiple video/audio (eg. main screen on Navigation+songs while rear screens on independent movies with audio being handled by headphones)

Dunno about independent audio streams, but Centrafuse does support independent screens provided you have the necessary hardware.

Quote:

are there any amps that support optical inputs?

Yes, there are! 5.1 Amplifiers with Optical inputs - MP3Car.com

Thanks for the inputs, will check the bios settings.
Earlier the vagcom cable was connected directly to motherboard with extension usb cable. now i have put in a belikn 4 port usb hub after which the problem started.