Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2006, 13:15   #2806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
How will it sound if i replace the front small speakers with 6x9 in my zen..
Can i have 4 6x9 speakers without amp....
do u have the space for that?

and if you want to, check out that slim blau speakers.
Old 18th January 2006, 16:48   #2807
Team-BHP Support

6x9 are not designed to be used in doors.
Old 18th January 2006, 21:16   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Amit:
EP - earphone, RCA - RCA audio terminal.

A stereo EP to 2RCA is basically a wire with a stereo headphone jack on one end and 2 sterep jacks (like on your amps etc) on the other.
A lot of modern decks have an auxilliary (aux) input, in the shape of 2 additional RCA audio jacks at the rear. In which case you simply buy this wire, plug it into the line/headphone out of any mp3 player, discman etc and you're in business!
I want to use my sony walkman to play cassettes via alpine9853 which doean't seem to have typical rca type terminal.This aux-in is also for cd-changer.How can i make this wire [to connect walkman and HU]?
Old 19th January 2006, 10:01   #2809
Team-BHP Support

what terminal does it have doc?
Old 19th January 2006, 16:49   #2810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
what terminal does it have doc?
Its called Ai-NET connector acc to manual and is shown with arrow in pic,lower left corner.crutchfied sells its connecotr for $16 and link is written below.This has two RCA type sockets on one end but i think i will need just one male stereo pin to go into headphone socket.Not sure what i need for other end to go into back of HU,socket shown in pic.
Just see enlarged pic [under photoes]of this & it will be very clear.Can i make it myself,if yes,what do i need for it?
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QjF3ahY...p?i=500KCA121B

Last edited by rsjaurr : 19th January 2006 at 16:54.
Old 19th January 2006, 23:24   #2811
BHPian

Looks something like one of those old phono pick up connectors.
Old 20th January 2006, 11:18   #2812
Senior - BHPian

Woofer problem

The Baleno I brought home a couple of days back has the stock Kenwood system. The HU is KDC MP 4029 (MP3/WMA/CD/Tuner). A Soomoku sub (the long black one - forgot the model number) has been hooked up to this.

When I listen to FM the sub plays fine, but the moment I insert a CD, the sub switches off !! - There's a sub volume control knob attached to the dash now. The knob has a blue led. This LED goes off when CD's are played and there's no output from the sub. If I switch the source back to the tuner, the sub comes alive again !

I spoke to the accessories guy at the dealer. He asked me to bring the car over and he'll get it checked. It'll take me a couple of days to go down there. Meanwhile, can anyone throw any light on this ?
Old 20th January 2006, 11:48   #2813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Its called Ai-NET connector acc to manual and is shown with arrow in pic,lower left corner...This has two RCA type sockets on one end but i think i will need just one male stereo pin to go into headphone socket.
is that the only input?

ok you will need the AInet connector as it is propritory. youwill also need a 1/8" (headphone) to RCA female stereo wire. then the RCA from the AINet connector will attach tothe RCA end of teh 1/8"-RCA wire and the 1/8" stereo male will go into the walkman.
Old 20th January 2006, 12:13   #2814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
The Baleno I brought home a couple of days back has the stock Kenwood system. The HU is KDC MP 4029 (MP3/WMA/CD/Tuner). A Soomoku sub (the long black one - forgot the model number) has been hooked up to this.

When I listen to FM the sub plays fine, but the moment I insert a CD, the sub switches off !! - There's a sub volume control knob attached to the dash now. The knob has a blue led. This LED goes off when CD's are played and there's no output from the sub. If I switch the source back to the tuner, the sub comes alive again !

I spoke to the accessories guy at the dealer. He asked me to bring the car over and he'll get it checked. It'll take me a couple of days to go down there. Meanwhile, can anyone throw any light on this ?
Your installer has most probably used the antenna trigger cable instead of the remote trigger cable. Thats why when you switch to CD, the subwoofer is turned off.
Old 20th January 2006, 12:21   #2815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Your installer has most probably used the antenna trigger cable instead of the remote trigger cable. Thats why when you switch to CD, the subwoofer is turned off.
Thanks a lot ... So the cable is basically the one from which the sub draws the power ?
Old 20th January 2006, 12:40   #2816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Thanks a lot ... So the cable is basically the one from which the sub draws the power ?
No... The active (means built-in amp) subwoofer will have 4 cables

a. RCA Interconnect - Signal Cable
b. Power Cable - Positive from Battery
c. Ground Cable - Ground from vehicle body
d. Remote Cable - Trigger from HU. When you turn on the HU, It 'tells' the amp (in the sub) to turn on. When you switch off the HU, it 'tells' it to turn off.

Similarly, there is another 'Antenna trigger' cable from the HU, which is meant for motorised antennas. The motorised antenna will be triggered on when you switch to tuner and will be triggered off when you switch to CD.
Old 20th January 2006, 13:23   #2817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
d. Remote Cable - Trigger from HU. When you turn on the HU, It 'tells' the amp (in the sub) to turn on. When you switch off the HU, it 'tells' it to turn off.
Right .. got it now .. thanks. I'll probably go the the dealer tomorrow. Feels good to be armed with this info !
Old 20th January 2006, 15:15   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
is that the only input?

ok you will need the AInet connector as it is propritory. youwill also need a 1/8" (headphone) to RCA female stereo wire. then the RCA from the AINet connector will attach tothe RCA end of teh 1/8"-RCA wire and the 1/8" stereo male will go into the walkman.
yeah....only for cd changer and for aux-in use.other inputs r for RCA leads and others[not sure].Navin u also have 9833 and 9830,so inpuits must be same on these and 9853.Do u use aux-in??

That means i cant make it myself and probabaly cant get here?
navin just go to its manual,that might help.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Man...500KCA121B.PDF
Old 20th January 2006, 16:28   #2819
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Navin u also have 9833 and 9830,so inpuits must be same on these and 9853.Do u use aux-in??

That means i cant make it myself and probabaly cant get here?
navin just go to its manual,that might help.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Man...500KCA121B.PDF
1. on my wife's 9830 we use the CHS 634 CD/MP3 changer and Ipod vifa a KCA 420i and one more wire I forget the name of.

2. on my 9833 we use a Necvox VCD/DVD changer via a FM modulator and an ipod via a KCA 420i.

So I dont use a RCA based source like a walkman. BTW you do realise that the headphone out of a walkman is not really a good quality signal. The headphone out was designed to drive headphones (1mW about 8-50ohms) while the Aux in of the HU is about 10k ohms. Also there is a cheap pot (headphone volume controla and cheaper power IC on the headphoneout).

To understand this using your ipod from the headphone out vs say the line out (you'll need an ipod dock to access the line out via a 1/8" connector) of the ipod. Even with MP3 you can hear the difference. BTW when you are ripping your CD's use WACK and rip a FLAC or WAVPAK version as well so that when Apple introduces a 200GB ipod you can have mathematically losless version on your pod.
Old 20th January 2006, 21:50   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
1. on my wife's 9830 we use the CHS 634 CD/MP3 changer and Ipod vifa a KCA 420i and one more wire I forget the name of.

2. on my 9833 we use a Necvox VCD/DVD changer via a FM modulator and an ipod via a KCA 420i.

So I dont use a RCA based source like a walkman. BTW you do realise that the headphone out of a walkman is not really a good quality signal. The headphone out was designed to drive headphones (1mW about 8-50ohms) while the Aux in of the HU is about 10k ohms. Also there is a cheap pot (headphone volume controla and cheaper power IC on the headphoneout).

To understand this using your ipod from the headphone out vs say the line out (you'll need an ipod dock to access the line out via a 1/8" connector) of the ipod. Even with MP3 you can hear the difference. BTW when you are ripping your CD's use WACK and rip a FLAC or WAVPAK version as well so that when Apple introduces a 200GB ipod you can have mathematically losless version on your pod.

That means i cant use my cassettes in my car and i have to let these continue to gather dust.Anyway thanx navin but no plan to get i-pod in near future though i am more interested for video i-pod.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks