Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 12:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fabia rear speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
You got to be kidding me! That's almost like "here's the car, but sorry we can't give you a steering wheel!"
I have bought 2 cars Fiat Siena and Hyundai Accent Viva CRDI which came with speakers but no head unit. I think that is sales gimmick to impress the customer and also save bucks.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrsraja View Post
... Fabia ambient 1.2 ... does not have a head unit but has speakers alone in front doors and the A pillar. ...
It has components that are "not bad"!

Set a budget for how much you would like to spend, and what features you would like. HUs, based on features, are available from 3-45K. Does the Fabia have a 1DIN space or 2DIN space in the console for the HU?

For rear speakers you can buy round coaxials: JBL, Infinity, Auditor, Polk, Sony, Pio, etc. - should cost <3K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
... VW AG is very particular about conditions. In the event, I'd like to install rear speakers, I'd have to buy the equipment and the authorized skoda dealership would do the install for me. ...
Please read the Warranty clauses. VW does not insist that you get it done from the dealers - it is the dealers in search of a fast buck who do. As long as the installation does not violate the guidelines of the Warranty, it can be done by anyone who knows how to do it. Most shops will do it for you for free - the dealer would have charged you labour as much as the speakers themselves.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 14:35   #18

Thanks for the reply guys.

I dont want to set oval speakers because i dont want to use the parcel tray for that. So car accessory shops are suggesting that if oval speakers or amps/sub woofers need not be used, then dont spend much on alpine kind of head units, go for cheaper units like pioneer or kenwood.

i want to go for alpine head unit with alpine or polk or JBL round speakers for rear doors. This together costing around 13k. Will this config have better output than pioneer/Kenwood kind of setup which costs 7-8k which is almost half.
Old 10th January 2012, 16:02   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrsraja View Post
i want to go for alpine head unit with alpine or polk or JBL round speakers for rear doors. This together costing around 13k. Will this config have better output than pioneer/Kenwood kind of setup which costs 7-8k which is almost half.
If you mean Pioneer HU with Kenwood speakers, I'd assume the Alpine HU + JBL speakers will outperform the Pioneer-Kenwood combo. Did you get a chance to listen to the Pioneer, Kenwood, or Alpine?
Old 10th January 2012, 16:18   #20

Thanks Navin.

Thats another problem. i am not getting any chance to test these combinations. Many shops do not have a test system or they have a different standard sony/pioneer combination.

Does anyone know any shop in chennai which has variety of test systems, especially alpine, JBL or polk?
Old 16th January 2012, 16:05   #21

Finally my search for music system and speakers to my fabia ended with Alpine CDE121E HU and infinity 6532si speakers for rear door from Genuine car accessories, TNagar, Chennai.

The sound quality is excellent to me. HU costed 5000rs and speakers costed 4750rs. i enquired the same HU with radio warehouse, Mount Road, they said its 8000rs. I got with 2 years warranty from Genuine.

Also did autoform seatcovers (4500rs) and full floor mats(1250rs) there itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks