Old 17th October 2009, 14:34   #1
BHPian

Puccini by Dynaudio...

Interesting....wasn't sure which section to post this in:

Dynaudio - Authentic Fidelity
Old 17th October 2009, 17:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

The "Product Discussions" section!

Not much information, though, just some poetry!?!?

Last edited by DerAlte : 17th October 2009 at 17:33.
Old 17th October 2009, 19:22   #3
naughty001

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The "Product Discussions" section!

i agree that they dont give enough information - id love to know more about the amplifier as well as which speakers they use though considering its for the Buggatti veyron im confident that they would be using Esotar based speakers

but some information about the amplifier would have been great

Old 17th October 2009, 21:58   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
DA, some guys are just meant to follow the leader! :-) *inside joke*
Old 18th October 2009, 00:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
id love to know more about the amplifier as well as which speakers they use though considering its for the Buggatti veyron im confident that they would be using Esotar based speakers
Not sure in this case, but let's hope the amp is something good. But I've never come across anything extraordinary as OEM kit. :( And ... even more sadly.. no one ever uses top-of-the-line drivers in OEM!
Old 18th October 2009, 04:23   #6
naughty001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Not sure in this case, but let's hope the amp is something good. But I've never come across anything extraordinary as OEM kit. :( And ... even more sadly.. no one ever uses top-of-the-line drivers in OEM!
there are some cars that use extraordinary items as OEM for example the mark and levinson stuff in the Lexus and even the B&O in the top of the range Audi's and Aston Martins - thats definitely not your standard normal ordinary "sound like you are listening with cotton wool stuffed into your earcanal" type of OEM equipment

but maybe you are correct that Dynaudio wont really use the best stuff they produce as OEM equipment, which means when i get my esotars i will safely be able to say that ive got a better audio system than a veyron in my lowly VW (even though my entire vehicle probably only costs as much as the front bumper of the veyron or maybe even less)

Last edited by naughty001 : 18th October 2009 at 04:27.

Old 18th October 2009, 08:24   #7
Team-BHP Support

I have heard the B&O system in the Audi - the one where the tweeters pop up out of the dash while it is impressive it is neither VFM nor is it really accurate. For that kind of money I'd expect much more. OEM kits have the advantage of having car mods done in the tooling stage to fit certain components. Despite this big advantage I have not seen a OEM kit - did the Ferrari Alpine F1 sytem come as an OEM? - that impressed.

I am told the new Bentley has an excellent OEM system - still to hear i though. I want accuracy to live music, I expect goosebumps, I want a system that can make me wanna dance, I care less for tonal flatness, 0.000001% distortion numnbers or 120db S/N ratios.

To that end I suspect companies like PHL, Beyma, B&C, 18sound, Eminence, etc... might do well in this space.
Old 18th October 2009, 12:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
there are some cars that use extraordinary items as OEM for example the mark and levinson stuff in the Lexus and even the B&O in the top of the range Audi's and Aston Martins - thats definitely not your standard normal ordinary "sound like you are listening with cotton wool stuffed into your earcanal" type of OEM equipment
I didn't mean that. Some OEM systems do sound decent, but the gear as such is never the top of the line from the concerned manufacturer.

I have not heard the Mark Levinson system, but the B&O system is nothing exquisite. It can easily be beat with a $ 2000 aftermarket system.

I have also heard the B&W system that ships with Jaguar XF cars (hailed by many audio critics worldwide as the best OEM system they have heard in any car). It sounds quite ok. The mids and highs are clean. There is no imaging unless one chooses to listen in 3-channel mode, and if you turn up the volume a little high, the midbass makes the door panels swell. And the spare wheel well subwoofer doesn't hit very low.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks