Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:04   #1
BHPian

Confusion over Two Tweeters costing four thousand

Dear members i own a ANHC ivtec which is now suceceded by another upgrade which has tweeters at both the side of the interiors of the rear view mirror, which is absent in my vehicle i would like to add the tweeters to my vehicle, the cost quoted by Capital Honda Chennai is Rs.4000/- is it worth or is there any other way to add the tweeters with an decent look

Memebers please help me as iam very much confused to go for the original replacement or to do it outside with the same finish is there any one in chennai who can do this original modification at a cheaper rate thks in advance.
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:37   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Dear members i own a ANHC ivtec which is now suceceded by another upgrade which has tweeters at both the side of the interiors of the rear view mirror, which is absent in my vehicle i would like to add the tweeters to my vehicle, the cost quoted by Capital Honda Chennai is Rs.4000/- is it worth or is there any other way to add the tweeters with an decent look
My wife had tweeters installed in her car in this location (OVRM pods). Custom OVRM pods were made from fiberglass (in fact I did not like the firs version and the pods were remade to my satisfaction - I am a bit mad when it comes to the details) and I think 4K is also what was paid for these pods. Tweeters were extra.

Satya, PM our ICE installers (B&T, Gunbir, Blueraven, etc..) to get a priced estimate. They might not be in Chennai but can atleast give you a price check.
Old 24th October 2009, 21:22   #3
BHPian

Thanks Navin, are u trying to say ur wife installed the tweeters for the ANHC ivtec or for a diff vehicle, is it spending 4000/- for a tweeter worth as the sound is already produced from the front speakers which has a mild tweeter to my knowledge what is experience after instaslling the tweeters and hearing the music can u explain thank u
Old 24th October 2009, 23:12   #4
BHPian

sathyaprakash, for your 4000 you'll be getting 2 parts:

1. They will replace your stock sail panel (that part that sits on the inside of the side mirror) with one that has little holes in it.
2. They will place the tweeter inside that panel.

Now if you get the same work done aftermarket, the tweeter will almost definitely be better (car-makers almost universally overcharge for horrible speakers/tweeters). BUT, to get a custom sail panel with holes for the tweeter sound to emerge from will be more of a challenge and will not match the OEM look of the one that Honda provides.

If you want better sound I would suggest removing the stock speakers and replacing them with an aftermarket component set (decent ones can be had for about 6K... would sound much much better than the ones supplied by Honda). See if you can get just the sail panel from Honda without the tweeters inside, so that your new components (which consist of a cone and a tweeter) still look stock.

There's also the matter of a crossover which is required when you have a tweeter as part of your overall speaker system. From what I hear, Navin is the most knowledgeable person here with it comes to crossovers (and many other things too).
Old 29th October 2009, 23:35   #5
BHPian

Now i have fixed the tweeters from Capital Honda they charged me Rs 5200/- which includes RS 800/- for tax its riduculous

Members now after fixing the tweeters i would like to add an powered sub woofer to my ANHC please help me to find the best one which is available in India and its approximate cost thank u members for ur valuable suggestions.
Old 30th October 2009, 10:28   #6
BHPian

when i consulted Metal Effect who takes care of car audio setups they adviced us not to go for a active subwooofer as the system may not support it and the sound from the subwoofer may spoil the existing music is it true what should i do? Members please advice me or give suggestions as iam about to do this in the coming week thanks bye.
Old 30th October 2009, 11:08   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Navin, are u trying to say ur wife installed the tweeters for the ANHC ivtec or for a diff vehicle
It was a 2009 ANHC.

Yes the tweeters were extra. the install work (making the 2 FG sail panels) alone cost about 4K (I think). The tweeters I was using required a more complicated sail panel and I am a real detail freak. I like things to look stock.

Quote:
Members now after fixing the tweeters i would like to add an powered sub woofer to my ANHC
Quote:
when i consulted Metal Effect who takes care of car audio setups they adviced us not to go for a active subwooofer as the system may not support.
The stock ANHC HU does not have outputs for a subwoofer. You need to take the speaker outputs and work with them. Then to manage subwoofer level you will need an amp that has a subwoofer level control that you can install in the cabin. Few (if any) active subs have this. your best option is an amp that has speaker level inputs and a subwoofer level control mated to a subwoofer in a box.
Old 30th October 2009, 11:26   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

your best option is an amp that has speaker level inputs and a subwoofer level control mated to a subwoofer in a box.

Thanks Navin your very cooperative, I could understand the best option you have mentioned abov e can u please elobrate on it as i am not a music freak ( but if iam correct or u trying to say to buy one acitve subwoofer which has amplifier as well as volume control if so i think its available in BLAUPUNK or PIONEER can u help me in this
Old 30th October 2009, 12:29   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Navin your very cooperative, I could understand the best option you have mentioned abov e can u please elobrate on it as i am not a music freak ( but if iam correct or u trying to say to buy one acitve subwoofer which has amplifier as well as volume control if so i think its available in BLAUPUNK or PIONEER can u help me in this
best option is a monoblock amp like the JBL 3501 and GT5-12 sub in a sealed box. There are more options than just JBL, listen to a few. The models mentioned are just indicative you should listen to atlesat 3 brands/models so you know what's out there.
Old 30th October 2009, 12:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
What Navin is saying is that instead of an active subwoofer (which has subwoofer and amplifier in a single box), you should go for a separate amplifier and a subwoofer. The separate amp should have a subwoofer level control near your head unit (You can Google Rockford Fosgate bass knob for an explanation of what we are suggesting).

The subwoofer driver can be placed in a sealed (preferred) or a ported box. Your installer will do this job, provided he knows his job

Last edited by greenh0rn : 30th October 2009 at 12:51. Reason: Minor correction
Old 30th October 2009, 17:09   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
What Navin is saying is that instead of an active subwoofer (which has subwoofer and amplifier in a single box), you should go for a separate amplifier and a subwoofer. The separate amp should have a subwoofer level control near your head unit (You can Google Rockford Fosgate bass knob for an explanation of what we are suggesting).

The subwoofer driver can be placed in a sealed (preferred) or a ported box. Your installer will do this job, provided he knows his job

The idea behind to go for a active subwoofer is to reduce space and a easy job, there is no subwoofer out in the head unit will a crossover help me in this or if i go with a seperate amp & sub wil there be a out for the amp or if its not where to connect the amp please help me as the installer says if we parallel the sub with the back speaker it will not give the desired result & wants the head unit changed which iam not in favour can u help me in this, How to get the subwoofer effect without changing the stock head unit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks