Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:48   #16
BHPian

yes thats true..the centre console is curvy so if we change the HU the edges would stick out. but a friend of mines got it done with a fibre casing.let me see if i can find the pic.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:08   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhashnm View Post
These normally don't demand the bass requirement of hip-hop and pop, but the system/speakers can't seem to handle these even.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
i would suggest morels or dls for the kind of music you listen to..
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Completely agree with you Mi10 on the HU upgrade part. but the problem for all sportz/asta owners is that the car comes with a dash integrated HU and one cannot install an aftermarket HU in place of the OE one.

Im told that the magna dashkit consisting of the a/c blowers/hazard switch/clock/2din slot costs a whopping 8k from hyundai.
Quote:
This is the main issue why I don't want to change the dash-integrated HU. It will just spoil the look of the dash, even if fitting an aftermarket one were possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
yes thats true..the centre console is curvy so if we change the HU the edges would stick out. but a friend of mines got it done with a fibre casing.let me see if i can find the pic.
The OEM HU in the i10 (the only i10 I have seen is the one with the sunroof- forget what the model is called) is terrible. The speakers are worse.

The option is to get the OEM dash kit from hyundai, fit a better HU, amps, new speakers, integrate a subwoofer in the rear etc.. A friend of mine asked for help on his i10 we worked out a package that would cost him abuot 60K but hyundai has still not been able to give him the dash kit. The curves are quite complex and I did not think a custom fiberglass job would be an exact fit.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
(the only i10 I have seen is the one with the sunroof- forget what the model is called)
That is Asta. Both Sportz and Asta have the same HU.

Quote:
The option is to get the OEM dash kit from hyundai, fit a better HU, amps, new speakers, integrate a subwoofer in the rear etc.. A friend of mine asked for help on his i10 we worked out a package that would cost him abuot 60K
60K! I think I will wait a few years and get a new car!

Quote:
The curves are quite complex
Having worked in auto console design for a few years, I know how difficult those curves could get. May be there is a slight change in the design of the console and Hyundai doesn't want to put in the extra effort to modify the Magna console to accommodate all that Sportz has on the HU. Just may be.
Old 13th January 2010, 11:19   #19
BHPian

will this work as a replacement for the HU?

Team-BHP Classifieds - OE player hyundai I10 - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

any one has tried this?
which company, make and how is the output, is there ans USB option in it?
Old 13th January 2010, 11:56   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
60K!
Let me give you a break up.
New dash console: 7-8K (from Hyundai)
New Pioneer HU with 3 pre outs: 15K
JBL GT5 10" Subwoofer with custom fiberglass box: 10K
JBL GT5 components in the front: 6K
JBL GT5 coax in the rear: 4K
JBL 4 ch. amp to drive front and sub: 7K
Power and RCA Wires:5K
Damping and labour: 5K
Old 13th January 2010, 14:10   #21
BHPian

Hi Subashnm,
Strangely i have never felt that my i10 Sportz' OEM set up gives a bad sound. Actually i have played Turkish, Bollywood and the usual English ones like Enigma, Eagles, Backstreet boys and so on. Never felt it sounded bad. So i feel this could be a quality slip up. This is my personal opinion.IMO, among the OEM provided car audio systems, i10(and i20) ones are one of the best!(Note that i am not comparing those with the famous ones in the Market)

These are the things i suggest to you:
1) There are equalizers in the OEM HU. You get it in the menu option "Audio". Only 3 bands are provided: Bass,Mid and Treble. Try keeping them all 0 and check. I have kept them 0, and still Bass effect was good! On increasing Bass to +10 thats max, the speakers, i admit, couldn't handle some of the songs. But i would say it was not that bad.

2) Check the wiring(Loose contacts), Speaker condition(Whether any dust particles etc have settled).

3) If you are thinking of changing the OEM setup, first try installing speakers, say JBL, you may get good ones within Rs. 10K. First put them on and see the sound quality. If its bad still, then it must be the HU.

4) If (1), (2) and (4) do not solve the problem, go for HU replacement.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Hi Subashnm,
Strangely i have never felt that my i10 Sportz' OEM set up gives a bad sound. Actually i have played Turkish, Bollywood and the usual English ones like Enigma, Eagles, Backstreet boys and so on. Never felt it sounded bad. So i feel this could be a quality slip up. This is my personal opinion.IMO, among the OEM provided car audio systems, i10(and i20) ones are one of the best!(Note that i am not comparing those with the famous ones in the Market)

These are the things i suggest to you:
1) There are equalizers in the OEM HU. You get it in the menu option "Audio". Only 3 bands are provided: Bass,Mid and Treble. Try keeping them all 0 and check. I have kept them 0, and still Bass effect was good! On increasing Bass to +10 thats max, the speakers, i admit, couldn't handle some of the songs. But i would say it was not that bad.

2) Check the wiring(Loose contacts), Speaker condition(Whether any dust particles etc have settled).

3) If you are thinking of changing the OEM setup, first try installing speakers, say JBL, you may get good ones within Rs. 10K. First put them on and see the sound quality. If its bad still, then it must be the HU.

4) If (1), (2) and (4) do not solve the problem, go for HU replacement.
Sorry dude, by i10 HU is not as good as few others out there (OEM). Indica Vista has one of the better ones.

My Choice for selecting the Magna varaint, is primarily because of the music system. Yes, i can live without rear spoiler, defogger, fog lamps, 'silver coloured door knobs' but not without good music
Old 14th January 2010, 13:26   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Yes, i can live without rear spoiler, defogger, fog lamps, 'silver coloured door knobs' but not without good music
I can live without a car but but not without good music!

Funny this is an Auto Forum!
Old 14th January 2010, 14:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can live without a car but but not without good music!

Funny this is an Auto Forum!
True, but this is an Audio thread
Old 15th January 2010, 10:51   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
True, but this is an Audio thread
And like a wise old Yeti (who has since abandoned us) once said "The engine-vengine types are NOT invited"

I guess once he got his Landrover his own words have come to haunt him!
Old 16th January 2010, 22:23   #26
BHPian

Hey guys:
I did escape very narrowly from i10 Sportz. Wanted to give it a try since i was impressed with the HSML Spoiler & the wiper at the back which I loved, but when i heard the stock Music player, I decided against i10 Sportz & went for i10 Magna & still doin loads of research for the audio setup. Just check whether you can get the centre console which has A/C vent. Here at Chennai it wud be available in Pudupet market which is familiar to many i believe.

This is one of my frenz's setup on an i10 & it is really way too gud.

HU 6050 UB 10500 [2 Din Player]
Front JBL GT265C 5000
Rear JBL S396 2900
MDF & spac 1250

All with B/W

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks