Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 00:04   #1
BHPian

How to get rid of on Dash speaker grill vibrations ?

I have JBL GTO427 4" speaker fitted in the dash of my spark. From day one there is "pharr pharr" sound from the front speakers. I get this noise even at moderate volumes. Initially i thought the speaker is not able to handle bass. HPFd even at 125Hz, still the same noise.

Took the car to the dealer from where I got the speaker. They removed the dash grill, and it didn't seemed to make that noise. The speaker is screwed in all tight and the only thing, thats causing the problem is the grill.

Questions:

1. Can I use the grill that came with the speakers in the dash, instead of the dash grill? If no, why not?
2. If I am using the actual speaker grill (which is in black on the beige dashboard), will it be a distraction, because of the reflection in the winshield?
3. Any other possible solution for this problem?

Thank you
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:26   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
1. Can I use the grill that came with the speakers in the dash, instead of the dash grill? If no, why not?
2. If I am using the actual speaker grill (which is in black on the beige dashboard), will it be a distraction, because of the reflection in the winshield?
3. Any other possible solution for this problem?
I dont think the speaker grill will fit well where the OEM grill was. However if it does fit it wont be much of a distraction.
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

The grill is loose and vibratingIn the places where the OE grill tabs / clamps enter the holes in the dash, stick some closed cell foam or thermocol thick enough that you need some force to push the grill in. This will prevent the vibrations from producing that 'pharr pharr' noise.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The grill is loose and vibratingIn the places where the OE grill tabs / clamps enter the holes in the dash, stick some closed cell foam or thermocol thick enough that you need some force to push the grill in. This will prevent the vibrations from producing that 'pharr pharr' noise.
Thank you. It looks like the noise is because the speaker cone is touching the grill and not because the grill is vibrating.

However I will try that and reply back with the results.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks