Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 00:53   #1

Need help for Audio System for my Car - Pioneer double din + RF speaker

It's great to be a part of community, I'd request the administrators to bear with me for the details on this first post of mine. Shall tray to be succinct henceforth.

Intro: An engineer (Mech.) working in a bank. Well the passion for automobiles (bikes n cars alike) get me going to one of the IITs and soon after my education worked at Tata Motors. There I realized, working for an automobile co. is one thing while owning n driving one is another, and the latter one was what I am always after.

My Ride: Verna 2009 CRDI ABS - Blue

2009 model does't come with good factory fitted system, hence I was looking for an upgrade desperately. I found a few pieces and getting them together. Need expert advice of gurus and expert BHPian out there.

Specifications
1. Speakers -
a. Front - 6.5" Components Rockford Fosgate P1652-S. 60 W RMS, 89 db
b. Rear - 6"x9" Coaxial Rockford Fosgate P1692. 75 W RMS, 91 db

2. HU - Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD. 6 Disc in dash DVD player. 97 db, with 3 pair of RCA pre-outs. Power outs RMS 22W x 4

Above speakers and HU are already on their way to me and I need inputs on

1. Speakers - Seems I did some mistake in not chosing same RMS for my coaxial and components (I read somewhere that they should be of same RMS to offer excellent sound). Do I need a fix? or is that not being worry about?

3. HU - Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD. Any feedback?

2. Amps & Subs - have been researching a lot and found how JL/Kicker/Hifionics/Alpine etc. are great and give good sound, even dropped at koliwada mkt to check out kickers but .....running on 2 constraints here
one
- I have a kid ~ 1 year kid and I'm not sure that I would need such a loud bass (from sub) when he's riding with me. On the other hand I won't mind using my sub when riding with friends or on Party/long drive. Is there a possible solution?

second
Having already spent a near fortune on speakers and HU I don't want to spend another 20K in Amp+Sub combo. (I would like to spend around 10-12k max for Amp, sub & wiring)

I read somewhere that powering all four speakers with a 4 channel amp should give an excellent sound. Can I do without a sub then?

I was thinking of powering my speakers with something like a Pioneer 4 channel AMP GM-6400F (60 W RMS x 4).

has anyone used it? any comments on the amp Quality? Also in case you guys recommend a sub, how can a 4 channel amp (like above) can power sub (12" single unit) as well? I was thinkning of getting Kicker 06ZX700.5
amp and power my sub (in case I get it) from the fifth channel (210 W RMS), but am unsure of its price. Any comments here.

So other than a few comments requested here I am asking for recommendation on
1. Which Amp to chose?
2. Whether to chose a sub, if so, any recco on brand/ model?
3. Recommendation for Wiring Kit and 1-2 good installation professionals in mumbai?

Thanks in anticipation
Old 5th December 2009, 11:07   #2
BHPian

The HU & speakers look pretty good,as for your concerns-
1.You did not make a mistake choosing the speakers, there is no rule that the speakers have to be the same RMS.

2.As you are on a tight budget I would recommend you to skip the sub as of now and get a 4 channel amp like te JBL GT5-644 or GZ 4100HP.

3.Feature wise the HU looks pretty good.

Thus my suggestion is to get a 4 channel amp(8-10K) & wiring for about 2-3k and you will be well off and have exausted your budget.Later you can add a sub and mono amp.
I would just remind you that do not get a cheap amp kit & RCA, get proper cables for your car.
Old 5th December 2009, 15:07   #3

Thanks DjNik, any suggestion on the wiring kits, brands

Any suggestions from Mumbai Gurus/ Sr. Bhpian

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks