Team-BHP - Punto ICE - Focal Access 165 A3 + Focal Solid 4 AMP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Punto ICE - Focal Access 165 A3 + Focal Solid 4 AMP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/71016-punto-ice-focal-access-165-a3-focal-solid-4-amp.html)

Hi Guys,

I am in the US and I intend to buy a pair of components. Need some help with the following:

1. How would these 3 speakers stack up against each other. Any inputs would be helpful. Price wise the Perfect 6.1 is the most expensive ~200$ and the other 2 are about ~130$.

2. What wiring should i pick up? not looking for anything expensive. Just trying to save money by picking it up from here.

It should be obvious from the huge difference in price that the Perfect 6.1 is a more demanding speaker. If the rest of your components are very good get the Perfect 6.1.

I have not heard the JL 650 so cannot commnt on if the speaker is "better or worse" than the 60.9 that said "better or worse" is a subjective observation anyways. I guess there is no substitute to listening.

I can even get the FOCAL 165 A1 for the same price as the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 - ~199$

So what would make more sence, the top of the line infinity or the base FOCAL.

Specifications for the focal are attached in the PDF. I will be auditioning the Focal today evening.

Specifications for the infinity perfect are as below:

GeneralPower Handling, RMS100 Watts Power Handling, Peak400 Watts Frequency Response (±3dB)75Hz - 23kHzSensitivity90dBImpedance4 OhmsCrossover Frequency(ies)3.5kHz, 24dB/oct Mounting Depth2-3/4" Perfect Mid-woofer, 1" Perfect tweeter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson (Post 1623660)
I can even get the FOCAL 165 A1 for the same price as the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 - ~199$

Take the Perfect 6.1.

I went to an Authorized FOCAL dealer. Auditioned the 165 Access A1's again and was just blown away this time around. He was willing to sell em to me for 320$ including Tax.

But! Thats not what I bought! He then offered me the Access FOCAL 165 A3 for 400$ including tax (7%). Pictures will follow tonight. This is with Bill and Warranty from a shop that FOCAL themselves advocate to buy from!

Now for the amp. What should I do? get it from here, or buy it from India? How does this amp look? I can get this for about 190$ here.
JL Audio J2 320.4 Amp: Multi-Channel - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com
The J2 320.4 has line level inputs which I would need

OR

JBL GTO1004 Amp: Multi-Channel - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Lastly what about the wiring? & Dynamat?

I could have got them cheaper at 165A3 - Focal 6.5" + 4" Access 3-Way Component Speakers but i stayed away because of this warning on the Focal America site: Internet Sales Disclaimer

Pictures attached below

Please don't use the JBL 1004 for these 3-way speakers.
Check out the Infinity Kappa 4.

My Car: Fiat Grande Punto

I have 2 options to install the Mid's (Indicated as red arrows). I am not really considering Kickplates because the footwell is quite cramped as it is.

Since there would be some cutting and customizing needed, can someone recommend a good installer in Pune?

My budget for the amp is 250$.

1. I will not be fitting rear speakers.
2. I may go for a sub later in which case 2 channels could be bridged.
3. Wattage needed 80 - 100

Options being considered:

JL Audio J2 320.4 Amp: Multi-Channel - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

JBL GTO1004 Amp: Multi-Channel - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Infinity Reference 475a Amp: Multi-Channel - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Infinity KAPPA FOUR Amp: Multi-Channel - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

SRX 4 - Audison 4 Ch 340 Watt Amplifier

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson (Post 1629164)
My Car: Fiat Grande Punto

I have 2 options to install the Mid's (Indicated as red arrows). I am not really considering Kickplates because the footwell is quite cramped as it is.

the lower location panle is curved. I'd stick to the higher location it will keep the mid closer to the tweeter.

I wouldn't recommend any of those locations for midrange.

EDIT: Navin, don't you think they would be muffled by the dash when the doors are closed?

Crimson - as rocksterraghu has rightly pointed out, the midrange if mounted on the upper location, will foul with the dash. The lower location is not recommended since it'll be firing too low and into the seat. Basically, you're going to have tough time installing the midrange in this car.

Do something like what Moral Fibroid has done on his palio.

These cone mids are too large and deep compared to MF Drive's car. MF's midrange is 3" DMR and very shallow because of the neo magnet. These can't be installed on the A Pillar without blocking out a good part of the view.

Here is where it would have to go on the A-Pillar and as B&T mentioned it would block out quite a bit of view. However as apposed to the Palio, this A-pillar is quite thick as it is.