Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 19:43   #1
BHPian

ICE for Punto

Hey Guys (Gurus) . I am looking forward to ICE my Punt(o)er. Just got the car a few days back. Loving every moment on it. Driving seems a pleasure. I have got the Emotion Variant of MJD Punto. Done some 300kms so far. Now i am looking to do some serious ICEing. I got a few people coming down from U.S. so i thought i ll get the ICE from them since its cheaper out there.

Now i need your guidance regarding this buying abroad thing. Cause i will be purchasing it here using my card on some website and delivering it to people over there. So they can carry it down when they are comin. Which websites are reliable.

Apart from that my budget is Rs45000 these are what i have decided to get from abroad so kindly guide me regarding the ICE as well

1. HU - Alpine IDA - X303
2. AMP for Speakers - Kenwood KAC - 8404 4ch AMP
3. AMP for SUB - Kenwood KAC - 7204 2ch AMP
4. SUB - JL Audio 10W3V3 - 4 (or)
Image Dynamics ID10D4 V.3
5.Speakers Front and Back - Infinity 5020CS 5.25" 2 way Components
(or)
DLS C5A 5.25" 2 way Components

I am looking to get good SQ. Is it possible to purchase the same items in India if in case i can how much will it workout to.

Please guide me regarding the speakers and sub. I am in a real doubt.and
Please guide me regarding how the overall system will work for SQ.

Thanks in Advance
[COLOR=#000000][FONT='Times New Roman']
[FONT=arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif][/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Old 7th December 2009, 22:11   #2
BHPian

Congrats on a lovely car firstly,

You can get the KENWOOD KAC - 8404 in India itself around 10 k besides you also get a years warranty which might not be applicable for products ordered from US

Why a 2ch. for the sub why not opt for a mono instead as you re already going for a 4ch.

Even the ID can be acquired from India itself with the obvious benefits of warranty

Regards,
Jasveen
Old 8th December 2009, 13:04   #3
BHPian

Hey dude,
Try the internet world as well, they are cheaper in the US than at the stores. Try Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers . They ship it to India as well, but if you have relatives coming down they can get the delivery and get it for you. You might need to research a bit though.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:38   #4
BHPian

Thanks guys..Thanks for the input.
@funny guru: Thanks mate.. I am just looking into it. The above config was helped by my friend. He had checkout wooferetc.com
How is the above config .Is it really a good combination.
Old 8th December 2009, 18:35   #5
BHPian

Why would you want to purchase a $200 HU without CD playback and TA, you can easily get one with both the feautures in your budget.

Get a Mono for your sub makes more sense and I would seriously recommend a ID12 rather than a ID10
Old 8th December 2009, 19:23   #6
BHPian

$200 HU without CD yes thats because i never use the CD in my current HU. I stuck to using IPOD and USB drive. I dont even open the DIN for loading the CD. So i decided i will stick to a setup without CD.

Coming to the AMP i had narrowed it down between these two AMPs for the SUB- Kenwood KAC 7204 or Kenwood KAC 8104D. Since 8104D is monoblock AMP. But i found it to have only 300 watts RMS at 4ohms and 500 watts at 2ohms. Since i was planning on gettin 4ohms SUB i thought of the other AMP which has 500 watts RMS at 4ohms on bridged mode so i thought of the 2ch AMP. Also since both the SUBs have 500RMS on 4ohms i thought of getting a 2ch.

By the way i dont understand what this OHMS stands for. Please can someone enlighten on this. Also please help me why should i get monoblock AMP. Does it make a lot of difference in sound quality.

Coming to the SUB. i am still in doubt whether to JL Audio Sub or Image dynamics. My friend told me to get the JL Audio since he has JL Audio in his car. I have read a lot of reviews about Image Dynamics on Team-BHP. So kindly guide me on this.
Old 8th December 2009, 20:24   #7
BHPian

The only reason i suggested another HU is because this HU lacks Time alignment which can make a lot of difference in SQ IMO.

The kenny 4 channel is a pretty reputed amp, I suggested a monoblock as you can get a good one at that price as Class D monos are more efficient than Class AB amps.For ex you can consider this- Eclipse XA1200 Mono Subwoofer Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

JL audio is literally non-existent in India thus I doubt you would get any feedback here, as for ID it has proved its worth over time.
Old 8th December 2009, 21:19   #8
BHPian

Thanks for suggesting the Eclipse XA1200 Mono AMP. It looks really cool. It also seems sort out my issue about the Powering my SUB.
I guess i will have to buy the stuff from 2 different websites

The AMP and Speakers from Sonix and HU and SUB from Woofersetc.com .
Cause Sonic does not seem to be selling Image Dynamics Subs. If in case i decide to go with JL Audio SUB i will get it from Sonix.

Coming to the HU. Is there any other HU which will give me good SQ and also what is this Time Alignment .
Old 8th December 2009, 21:54   #9
BHPian

Here is a kenwood, got everything you can ask for.A friend of mine has even ordered it from the US-

KDC-X693 - Kenwood MP3/WMA USB/CD Receiver

Search the forum for TA, you will find a lot of gyaan.
Old 8th December 2009, 22:28   #10
BHPian

Just wanted to know does an Eclipse do justice to JL Audio or Image Dynamics Sub like a Alpine or Kenwood AMP will do. Alpine is out of the way cause its expensive. I mean the sense for sound quality and stuff. Or should i get Kenwood KAC - 9104D Monoblock AMP.
Old 8th December 2009, 22:39   #11
BHPian

Why not get a Alpine MRP-M500 and get a Dual 4 ohm sub like the ID12D4v3

The sub requires 350WRMS @2 ohms & the amp gives 500 @ 2ohms, a perfect combo according to me.Rest is on you to decide.

Old 9th December 2009, 16:29   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion.
I sat and thought about it. I have decided to get the Kenwood KAC-9104D Amp.

Any ways my friend is coming down only next month end or something so i have more time to think and decide on this.
By the way i am still sticking to Alpine HU. Think it makes sense for my usage.

Anyways how do you rate the speakers which i have put up
I am also thinking about Infinity Kappa 50.9 CS Component Speakers. How good are these speakers..
Old 9th December 2009, 17:36   #13
BHPian

Infinity speakers have a pretty good performance.
Old 9th December 2009, 20:49   #14
BHPian

I guess this should about be my system thanks for helping me mate....
My total Bill amount is working to 930$ plus transport.
Old 9th December 2009, 21:01   #15
BHPian

Get the kappa components, they are buch better compared to the reference series.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks