Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:19   #1
BHPian

Xenos 150 DVD Player - Help needed to adjust volume level

Hello Gurus,

I have a Xenos 150 DVD installed in my Palio MJD. The drivers are Ultimate T2-510C Components in the front and T2-5021 co-axial at the back. Both are 13 cm. Fitted in the stock positions. (You may see the photos in my thread "ICE for Palio SDX" in sound-off-show-off.)

I usually drive alone and I felt the the sound from the speakers was ok. The other day I sat at the back while my driver drove the car. What I noticed was that the music was much louder at the back than in the front. Also, I felt there was deep bass at the back which I don't find while sitting in the front seat. The components give out very crisp sound. I tried to fiddle with the sound adjustments and later checked the slim manual that came with the system. I couldn't find any way I could adjust the volume level for the front and rear speakers.

Can any one guide me adjust the volume setting? Thank you very much for your time.
Old 2nd January 2010, 03:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

If the HU does not have a fader, then you may have to get an amp and adjust the gain levels...
Old 2nd January 2010, 20:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

All HUs have a Fader. Fiddle with the audio controls - you will be able to figure it out, don't worry.
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:55   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

As DA said,the HU will have fader control.

You must have been given a manual alongwith the Head Unit;please check that.

If your fader is at 00(F06 is typically only fronts sounding and R06 is only rear sounding) and you still feel that the music is better sitting in the rear, then it'g got to be something else
Old 9th January 2010, 19:58   #5
BHPian

Thank you

Thank you guys, especially DerAlte.

Last night I finally figured it out. Indeed there was this fader in the main knob! Fiddled it around and got the sound adjusted. It had settings like EQ, Vol selection (as the last volume etc), Beep on or off etc. After the adjustments the speakers sound even.

While toying with the knob I bumped into one setting SUW. It had two options ON and OFF. For good measure I selected ON.

The manual didn't contain all these info. It talks about setting up DVD playback and all that, which I don't use anyway. Probably my query was too simple to be included in the manual. Looks like an Idiot's Guide was what I needed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks