Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 11:06   #1

Audio control in Punto MJD EP

Hi!

I have a USB plugged into my audio system and able to control the song being played with the steering controls. However, I am unable to change tracks using the controls on the HU/panel on the dashboard which is sad!
Also, the MP3 title/ID3 tag of the song being played is only shown on the LED display in the which shows the odometer and other stuff.

Is there a way to configure/tweak anything such that:
1. I should be able to change music tracks using the controls on the head unit
2. MP3 title/ID3 tag is also shown in the LED panel on the head unit

Cheers,
Sunil
Old 8th January 2010, 12:57   #2
BHPian

I have the issue. Especially when travelling with wifey, the audio control needs a transfer!!!
Old 8th January 2010, 13:25   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
I have the issue. Especially when travelling with wifey, the audio control needs a transfer!!!
Exactly the same issue! She has to reach out to the steering wheel and operate the controls. By the way, have you been successful in controlling the MP3 being played through any MP3 player? I have tried transcend. It just goes into the USB mode and the playlist features get disabled.
Old 8th January 2010, 17:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

One cannot modify OE units that way. It will be a rather complex operation equivalent to shifting the engine to the boot.

If you need something to your specifications, you have to replace the OE HU with an after-market one. Most of the after-market HUs come with an IR Remote, which can be given to the lady! (Come to think of it, I have always wished for a remote that controls the lady's audio, not the HU's )
Old 8th January 2010, 17:16   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
One cannot modify OE units that way. It will be a rather complex operation equivalent to shifting the engine to the boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
If you need something to your specifications, you have to replace the OE HU with an after-market one. Most of the after-market HUs come with an IR Remote, which can be given to the lady! (Come to think of it, I have always wished for a remote that controls the lady's audio, not the HU's )
Any suggestions for such after-market HUs for Punto?
Old 8th January 2010, 17:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm.
I too have the same issue.
Is there any possible for attaching remote control and sensor in our exisiting Audio system?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks