Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 21:02   #1
BHPian

Pioneer HU for my verna

Ok guys.. Am on the on the lookout for a new HU for my verna. Have decided to go in for pioneer and budget is 10k max after exchange of the stock kenwood 2 din player.Guessing that should go for 2 to 3k.

Now, pioneer seems to have only one double din option - the 6050UB, while the number of single din options are numerous. I'm looking for ipod functionality, blue tooth and good equalizer settings which are lacking in the kenwood. Also a single din would mean that I will have to get that tray kind of thing for filling the gap below.

As I'm not too familiar with the models available in pioneer and which one to go for, would appreciate if anyone who has a pioneer HU, or has heard the SQ from any of them, can suggest which model to go for and the price of the same (with bill/without bill). I guess this would in general be useful for anyone looking for an HU purchase from pioneer.

Also, how is the SQ of a 2 din when compared to a single din?

As for now all i do know is that the double din P6050UB costs around 12.5k to 13k with bill here in chennai.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:12   #2
BHPian

as far as i know the P6050 doesnt have bluetooth and iPod functionality. However, the international version 8000BT does. Try to get someone to bring it in for you.. its less than $300.

with respect to SQ, there's really no difference between single DIN and double DIN. Most of the top-end SQ HUs are single din units (but thats at a totally different price point).
Old 13th January 2010, 23:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

I got my Pio's Premier P800BT for about $230 - did you check my car after the audio install?
Old 14th January 2010, 01:13   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I got my Pio's Premier P800BT for about $230 - did you check my car after the audio install?
No jayanth, you left before I had the chance to check up on that. Last I saw you were ironing out all the flaws in the install on woods road. The model you got is not available in india?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
as far as i know the P6050 doesnt have bluetooth and iPod functionality. However, the international version 8000BT does. Try to get someone to bring it in for you.. its less than $300.

with respect to SQ, there's really no difference between single DIN and double DIN. Most of the top-end SQ HUs are single din units (but thats at a totally different price point).
The pioneer site does mention that it has ipod functionality. Thats the important one for me, more than bluetooth. Any suggestion on a single din HU from pioneer in my budget? i.e. from the options available in india?
Old 14th January 2010, 01:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nope- that's from the US. The only Pio 2-din I know of in India is the 6050...
Old 14th January 2010, 01:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Nope- that's from the US. The only Pio 2-din I know of in India is the 6050...
Yes its the equivalent model. But no solid review on it as such.
Old 14th January 2010, 11:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking for 2DIN in India, you do not have much of choice. On the other hand, if you go the 1DIN way, you can maybe get an Eclipse or an Alpine, and use the second DIN bay for storing CDs or toll tickets

Am not sure about your tastes, but Pio HUs are a bit bright. I went the Pio-Premier way only because its a good looking double DIN, and I got a good deal!
Old 8th January 2011, 15:33   #8
BHPian

Re: Pioneer HU for my verna

Hey, Even I am looking for a 2DIN HU for my verna. Need iPod/USB functionality. Too many CDs to store in the dash.. I could find only 1 Double din from pioneer. The looks are good..

There is one from Sony also.. Please suggest me something. and any idea where to buy in Gurgaon?
Old 9th January 2011, 22:13   #9
BHPian

last week i installed 2 din pioneer AVH-P3250 DVD for 16k and it work good it has ipod, SD and USB connectivity also with dvd playback.
Attached Images

Old 10th January 2011, 10:59   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

You can check out Pioneer DEH-6250BT. It's got all your requirements. I have that installed in my Swift. You can check my car mods in "Mods and accessories" for pics and videos.
Old 10th January 2011, 12:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvc_4125 View Post
last week i installed 2 din pioneer AVH-P3250 DVD for 16k and it work good it has ipod, SD and USB connectivity also with dvd playback.
Hey that seems to be a good deal. Even I am now looking for a feature packed 2-DIN for my Swift. Once the Pioneer GPS models comes out in India, I will be one customer for sure
Old 10th January 2011, 14:34   #12
BHPian

3250DVD and 3250BT (or 3200DVD/3200BT in US) are all compatible with AVIC-U220, GPS Add on Module of Pioneer.

However, these models are now replaced by 33xx DVD/BT models now (Only addition that I know of is Pandora Radio support via iphone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Hey that seems to be a good deal. Even I am now looking for a feature packed 2-DIN for my Swift. Once the Pioneer GPS models comes out in India, I will be one customer for sure

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks