Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 03:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Go for DLS if you have the money. Alpine PDX, JL HD, Kenwood KAC X4 all get loud but no BALLS! They don't have any impact on SQ.

BTW whats your budget for components if you get the DLS ?
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:38   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
@ Navin. I have almost made up my mind on Alpine SPX pro comps, unless and until i find something better till i go to US.
The DLS RA50 combines a Class AB 4 channel amp with a monoblock in one chassis. It weighs about 50% more than a RA20. I'd get the R50.

Then you'll have 3 options.

1. Use the RA50 to drive the sub, front and rear speakers.
2. Use the RA 50 to bi amp (like the DLS Reference 6.3) and drive the front speakers and sub using the 1004 (bridged into 2 channels) to drive the rear.
3. bridge the RA 50 for front and sub and use the 1004 (bridged) for the rear.

But really I dont see why anyone needs more than 50W rms when the speakers (90db/w) are only 1 meter from your ears. 10W = 100db and you still have 7db of headroom. Then again I'm on the wrong side of 40. At 23-24 I used a pair of JBL B460 bass bins (2245 woofers) for my home audio's bass.
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

I do not know if Marantz is below or above your budget, but on the advice of reign of chaos, I bought that ampliflier in 2008, and it is simply great.
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:54   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I do not know if Marantz is below or above your budget, but on the advice of reign of chaos, I bought that ampliflier in 2008, and it is simply great.
Marantz makes good home audio.
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nitin,

You can also look at the Audison Lrx series amps. I am surprised nobody mentioned them here.
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Why don' you have a look at Hybrid Technology Component Set

go through this page for more info

http://www.hybrid-audio.com/products.htm

forthe amps i would suggest Sinfoni or mcintosh but are on higher side

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 22nd January 2010 at 12:31.
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Nitin,

You can also look at the Audison Lrx series amps. I am surprised nobody mentioned them here.
IIRC, they aren't available freely in US. (read easily available)
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
Why don' you have a look at Hybrid Technology Component Set

go through this page for more info

http://www.hybrid-audio.com/products.htm

forthe amps i would suggest Sinfoni or mcintosh but are on higher side
Chirag Hybrid's works best in active they are real power hungry drivers. With the kinda budget he has it's best to find drivers that have relatively higher sensitivity and are much efficient for it to work best in passive.

I doubt one can get sinfoni and mac amps even in 1000$. The budget he has is to get amps and comps under 1000$.

Nitin@ There are many choices that you can have here. Audison Lrx are great amps along with vrx which are on sale at woofersetc.com. But over above all, DLS ref makes more sense for the price you can get them. Make more sense to pick one of these compared to others at the same price. A slight better choice above this would be Zapco DC ref amps. Nothing beats them in their price range.
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Chirag Hybrid's works best in active they are real power hungry drivers. With the kinda budget he has it's best to find drivers that have relatively higher sensitivity and are much efficient for it to work best in passive.

I doubt one can get sinfoni and mac amps even in 1000$. The budget he has is to get amps and comps under 1000$.

Nitin@ There are many choices that you can have here. Audison Lrx are great amps along with vrx which are on sale at woofersetc.com. But over above all, DLS ref makes more sense for the price you can get them. Make more sense to pick one of these compared to others at the same price. A slight better choice above this would be Zapco DC ref amps. Nothing beats them in their price range.

i know hybrid are hungry and run better on active but they reviews are awesome , built is awesome and looks good too ..
Old 23rd January 2010, 01:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Alpine SPX pro are good but looks like some users have complained of weaker midbass out of it.
Is it so. I am on the lookout for the comps which have good midbass so if Alpine doesnt have it, then i might have to look somewhere else.
Franky, where are you? I need your advice on your Alpine's. Please respond.
Old 26th January 2010, 13:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

How's Morel Dotch Ovation6 6.5"? Getting a good price for them. How are Morel in general?
Old 26th January 2010, 13:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

you need not worry about the midbass from the alpines. there's lots of it there! just make sure they're crossed over right and blend right with the sub. i still haven't got mine right, and the sub is slightly out of sorts. next week, we have a new enclosure coming. no upgrades though ;-)
Old 27th January 2010, 03:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

How would you compare Morel Dotech with Alpine SPX Pro? I mean i am looking for more of a good mid bass from the comps. So which one would be better?
Old 27th January 2010, 10:19   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
How would you compare Morel Dotech with Alpine SPX Pro? I mean i am looking for more of a good mid bass from the comps. So which one would be better?
I have not heard the new Morels the older ones were slightly lispy which was a bit irratiting on female voices.
Old 27th January 2010, 14:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Morel dotech since a year and half as well got the Hybrid ovation. Dotechs have a very clean vocals, midbass is good too as long as the you deaden the doors. The dotech midbass has a high Qts of 1.09 which makes them ideal for doors. Can deliver supreme performance if tuned properly and installed right.
The tweeter that comes with it is MT12 has a very good off axis response. Not harsh at all, very sweet sounding and detailed. overall they are much can sound real good for the price as long as the doors are well sealed. They do blend well with the sub or it could even be the other way around.
I swapped my MT12 tweeter with the hybrid tweeter MT22. A bit laid back but little more detailed much to my liking. But, there's one imp thing that one needs to keep in mind, Morel's are power hungry feed them with more power and they will really shine. Dotech will perform excellent if one feeds them with 150rms each if not the least they will need is 100rms each.

Alpines Spxpro are excellent too. Comes with ring radiator tweeter design which come play all the detail when installed on axis or 30,60 deg off-axis. haven't heard them but read lot reviews on these where tweeters are excellent. Midbass again can perform well as long as the installation is done right.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks