Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 00:16   #1
BHPian

Car AV for the Ritz

I know this has been beaten and trashed many times over for many cars, and yet, after reading all the posts, I cannot conclude on what I need to order.

My requirements

1. Excellent sound quality
2. Comps in front and preferably at the rear
3. A smallish sub
4. An excellent 4 channel amp
5. Not averse to another amp if rear comp is used
6. Preferably a 2 DIN with DVD playback (touch screen not a requirement)(1 DIN ok if SQ is outstanding)
7. Bluetooth

I was suggested a Kenwood KDC-X7009U. But I'm afraid that it's quite an old HU, introduced in 2008 and is a single DIN. I do not know of the sound quality and cannot find any reviews.
For the speakers, I was suggested Lightning Audio Strike comps for the front and Lightning Audio Strike 4 channel amp.

Are the above three any good? I do not want to be in a situation where I'm forced to upgrade a few months down the line.

Also, please suggest any better combinations. I'm very particular about sound quality and have a discerning ear. I listen to Carnatic, Western Classical and oldish Tamil and Hindi songs. Some of the western classicals are very very rich in sound if played in the right system.

I'm very vague about the car AV scene and have no idea of the products and their performance. My budget would be around 35-40 K with maybe a lil extension if I deem fit.

I need to have this up and running before Friday as I've to undertake a long trip. I'm in Bangalore right now, so any suggestions for installers would also be appreciated. (I've gone through the installers thread, just asking here for particular references).

Thanks,
tintin

Last edited by tintin82 : 19th January 2010 at 00:19.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:10   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin82 View Post
I was suggested a Kenwood KDC-X7009U.
For the speakers, I was suggested Lightning Audio Strike comps for the front and Lightning Audio Strike 4 channel amp.

Also, please suggest any better combinations. I'm very particular about sound quality and have a discerning ear. I listen to Carnatic, Western Classical and oldish Tamil and Hindi songs. Some of the western classicals are very very rich in sound if played in the right system.
Kenwood makes good HUs. Having not heard Lightling speakers or amps I cant offer any comments about them. I would however advise you to stick to brands that are better known (Kenwood, JBL, Pioneer, Blaupunkt etc..).

My mom listens to Western Classical and Baroque and she prefered Infinity out of the various brands she heard. Infinity is a sister brand of JBL.

I wold suggest that you listen to 3 or so systems so you can identify what you like and what you dont.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks