Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2010, 13:08   #1
BHPian

civic stock system ipod connectivity

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know how i can connect my ipod/iphone to the stock system in the civic. Need help cant figure this out
Thanks in advance
Karan
Old 13th August 2010, 22:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

6 months late, but I'll try.

The manual is pretty good, but not 100% comprehensive in this regard.

I have a 4th generation monochrome click-wheel iPod that my Civic's stock HU refuses to recognize. I also have an iPhone 3G which works well, but podcasts are inaccessible.

Connectivity is simple. Lift out the lid of the front arm rest and you'll find a USB female connector. Plug in the USB end of your iPod/iPhone connector cable into this female USB connector and the the proprietary end into your iPod/iPhone.

Switch on the HU and select the AUX input (the USB cable inside the front arm rest compartment actually connects to the AUX-IN port).

As I said, the manual explains the procedure well but conveniently omits stating that black-and-white iPods won't work at all (the list in the manual covers only the video-capable iPods) and that podcasts can't be played (unless there's something somewhere I've missed).

Regards,
spadix
Old 1st July 2011, 23:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: civic stock system ipod connectivity

hi,

I have a JVC kd-r415 system installed in my 800. I want to know if it's possible to fit this same in a Honda Civic via the OE stereo or as standalone.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
civic stock system ipod connectivity-photo0190.jpg  

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 1st July 2011 at 23:28.
Old 2nd July 2011, 00:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

You could remove the OE unit, get a dash kit (adaptor) and install this HU in it.
Old 2nd July 2011, 07:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible t retain the OE and get the second system was installed as well ?
Old 2nd July 2011, 08:33   #6
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Is it possible t retain the OE and get the second system was installed as well ?
IIRC, it has been done for an Accord. The "Show off" was posted quite sometime back. The new HU was either kept in the glove box or inside a cubby hole on the dash. The OEM HU was retained as a showpiece.

BTW, if you have a FM transmitter attached to the ipod, you can connect to the Civic's FM receiver without too much interference. Someone was telling me that Civic's antenna is placed around the windscreen. So it picks up signal from an internal FM transmitter without issues. Not sure how true is this. Once we had tried keeping a FM transmitter near the gear lever area, the signal quality was really good.

Last edited by dot : 2nd July 2011 at 08:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks