Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 11:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Wont the LPF damp that peak? Also at 4 ohms the amps will be stressed less and offer better damping.
Surely it will, LPF at 80 or even 100 would be good but all I meant is sub performs smoothly without any peaks uptil 170hz. However with Le and Qes being almost the same at 2Ω as the 4Ω don't think there will be much difference in sound quality. But it seems these perform better with Class D amps due to the higher efficiency matching up with that of the sub and how much the damping factor plays the role on class d amps.

Last edited by Invinsible : 12th April 2010 at 11:53.
Old 12th April 2010, 14:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Here's an interesting article reg the damping factor and how it matters on the sub
http://www.monstercable.com/mpc/stab...or_Article.pdf
Old 15th September 2010, 18:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

I didn't know a thread existed for the 120.9 here in TBhp. This is cool. Completely read this from the 1st post and i think i made a good decision with this one.

I'm thinking of putting this in the CS1204B enclosure with a volume which could be between 1 to 1.1 cubic feet as per the dimension given on the manual. Would that be a good idea or should i get a smaller .8 cu ft box build? It'll be getting 360W RMS @ 2 ohms from the GTO3501 amp.
Old 15th September 2010, 20:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I didn't know a thread existed for the 120.9 here in TBhp. This is cool. Completely read this from the 1st post and i think i made a good decision with this one.

I'm thinking of putting this in the CS1204B enclosure with a volume which could be between 1 to 1.1 cubic feet as per the dimension given on the manual. Would that be a good idea or should i get a smaller .8 cu ft box build? It'll be getting 360W RMS @ 2 ohms from the GTO3501 amp.
If its the cylindrical shape enclosure, I would'nt suggest putting this in it. If it's not than 1cu.ft enclosure will be just fine. It also depends what music you listen to. Can you put up the outer dimension of the enclosure ?
Old 15th September 2010, 21:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
If its the cylindrical shape enclosure, I would'nt suggest putting this in it. If it's not than 1cu.ft enclosure will be just fine. It also depends what music you listen to. Can you put up the outer dimension of the enclosure ?
Its the wedge shaped enclosure. Tube shaped one is CS1204T.

Only three values are given in the specs; 408x380x368 (LxDxH in mm), but the second depth (top) when i measured comes at 170mm. Don't know the thickness of the material, haven't opened it yet.

I listen to old rock, Def Leppard, AC DC, Deep Purple, Dire Straits et al, I don't listen to trance or electronic sythensized music much. Also listen to Indian movie songs and albums.

Here's a pic of the enclosure..

Infinity Kappa 120.9 subwoofer Review-img_20100822_164711.jpg
Old 15th September 2010, 22:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its the wedge shaped enclosure. Tube shaped one is CS1204T.

Only three values are given in the specs; 408x380x368 (LxDxH in mm), but the second depth (top) when i measured comes at 170mm. Don't know the thickness of the material, haven't opened it yet.

I listen to old rock, Def Leppard, AC DC, Deep Purple, Dire Straits et al, I don't listen to trance or electronic sythensized music much. Also listen to Indian movie songs and albums.

Here's a pic of the enclosure..

Attachment 424386
The internal volume should about be about 1-1.10 cu.ft Which should be perfect for the Sub. Should be an issue. If you desire more low end you could add 200-400grams /1-1.5 pounds of polyfill.
Old 16th September 2010, 09:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
The internal volume should about be about 1-1.10 cu.ft Which should be perfect for the Sub. Should be an issue. If you desire more low end you could add 200-400grams /1-1.5 pounds of polyfill.
At what kind of stores would i be able to find polyfill? Is there some other name by which it is known in locally and is there any other alternatives if i can't find polyfill?

Another thing that worries me is how to get that metal rod cone protector off the CS box in order to remove the sub. Would that be screwed in or press fitted. Got to find out.

Would this work?

http://www.kurlon.com/accessories/ac...h_premium.html

Last edited by Sankar : 16th September 2010 at 10:14.
Old 16th September 2010, 10:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At what kind of stores would i be able to find polyfill? Is there some other name by which it is known in locally and is there any other alternatives if i can't find polyfill?

Another thing that worries me is how to get that metal rod cone protector off the CS box in order to remove the sub. Would that be screwed in or press fitted. Got to find out.

Would this work?

Welcome to Kurlon
Polyfill or polyester filling is what generally known as, easily available at stores that deals in making or selling or mattresses, pillows, foam and stuff.
If not you could buy soft cushion pillow that are generally made of poly fill.
Old 18th February 2013, 15:54   #39
BHPian

Re: Infinity Kappa 120.9 subwoofer Review

BUMP!

I would like to know the possibility of running this sub on a bridged channel of a kenwood AMP dishing out 180W RMS ( model being M845)

Since the sub is rated at 350w RMS and will be fed around 180 W only, is it advisable to upgrade from the current Bull Audio Sub(250w) that I have . Though I do plan to put in a good 4 channel in the future..

This sub is available for around 8k , is this a good deal?

Since I wanted to upgrade the setup in stages, this deal seems to be sensible

Cheers

GT

Last edited by GT500 : 18th February 2013 at 16:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks