Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 19:31   #1
SSJ

Hertz or JBL components?

Hi,

I am looking for ICE for Ritz.
The car accessories shop told me to choose Hertz components and Hertz speakers instead of JBL.
I have no idea about quality of Hertz and is it better than JBL?
How does this look like pricewise in Bangalore (all with B/W)?

Pioneer 2290 - 6900
or Kenwood 6043 - 7650
Front: Hertz DSK 165 (component) - 4500
Rear: Hertz DCX 165 - 2550
or
Rear: Polk DB651 - 3700

I want to fit the speakers in standard door slots and not planning to put any MDF board. Any better recommendations

Thanks!!
Old 10th March 2010, 21:33   #2
BHPian

Car accessories shops usually push stuff that they have in stock. Ask him to demo these speakers for you and then decide.

Two weeks back I had gone to look at the JVC AVX 826 which is a touch screen head unit. This was in stock then and according to the dealer, the best touch screen system! Last week, I had gone to buy this unit and he didn't have stock. He was then trying to push the Pioneer 4150 He went to the extent of saying that someone had returned the JVC unit saying it sounded bad and picked up the Pioneer! So there, do your research and then decide for yourself after a demo if possible. Look at these threads too, I'm sure most TBHPians wouldn't mind giving you a demo of their systems if you ummm, ask nicely
Old 10th March 2010, 21:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

as always, there is no 'better'. it depends on your taste. you should get JBL speakers cheaper than those prices.
PS: I'm a very satisfied hertz owner ( and I'm buying a pair now to replace a set damaged in an accident) I love their sould a lot.
Old 10th March 2010, 23:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
PS: I'm a very satisfied hertz owner ( and I'm buying a pair now to replace a set damaged in an accident) I love their sould a lot.
So Am I.

My Swifts' got the Hertz Deici's and My i(CE)10 Hertz Energy Series

Last edited by Mi10 : 10th March 2010 at 23:30.
Old 11th March 2010, 08:48   #5
BHPian

Nothing can beat the JBL 608C in terms of VFM, Do audition both the speakers and find out what suits you better.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:47   #6
SSJ

Hi,
I am told by some friends that there is no use of components speakers if I am not putting an Amp and they would sound like normal co-axial speakers. Is this true. I am not really novice and cant really judge if I should go for components.
Also what is the best position to fit the tweeters in Ritz?
Thanks
Old 12th March 2010, 11:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ View Post
Hi,
I am told by some friends that there is no use of components speakers if I am not putting an Amp and they would sound like normal co-axial speakers. Is this true. I am not really novice and cant really judge if I should go for components.
Also what is the best position to fit the tweeters in Ritz?
Thanks
Not True.
However, An Amplifer finds better use when powering Components Speakers than Coaxials.

The Easiest way si to stick the tweeter on to the dash. You can also try mounting near the ORVM's on either side.
Or You can cut the door panels to insert them just above your Mid bass drivers.
Old 12th March 2010, 12:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Nothing can beat the JBL 608C in terms of VFM, Do audition both the speakers and find out what suits you better.
+1. I tend to agree 100%, having listened to both of these brands.
Old 21st March 2010, 17:31   #9
SSJ

JBL 608c different sizes?

Hi,
The local dealer near my house told that there are 2 options within 608c series with different size of crossovers. He quoted me 2 prices 3.6k and 4.5k for these 2 variants.
I have never heard of this before. Are these fake and original differences?

Also can someone comment on Pio 2250 HU price in Bangalore? The dealer told me 5K.

If anyone knows a decent shop near Indiranagar in Bangalore who deals in grey stuff then let me know. I am not comfortable with dealers in JC road.

Thanks.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ View Post
Hi,
The local dealer near my house told that there are 2 options within 608c series with different size of crossovers. He quoted me 2 prices 3.6k and 4.5k for these 2 variants.
I have never heard of this before. Are these fake and original differences?

Also can someone comment on Pio 2250 HU price in Bangalore? The dealer told me 5K.

If anyone knows a decent shop near Indiranagar in Bangalore who deals in grey stuff then let me know. I am not comfortable with dealers in JC road.

Thanks.
Interesting. Get us a pic.

Maybe one is 607?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks