Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 13:17   #1
BHPian

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'

Frenz:

It has been a long time since I posted out here. I have been maintaining a very low profile as I just wanted some time off I would say, rather than saying I was busy, held up with work etc., Hope you guys understand me & extend a second warm welcome! lolz

Coming back to where I left off a month ago, yeah I have been hunting down for the ICE'ing of my car. Itz all done & All izz way too great.
Here is a snapshot of prices & things thats adore my Sweet "Blackagna". I use the word sweet since driving has become more than pleasure nowadays & I seldom come out of it. I would rather say I have been living in here.

HU Pioneer 6050 UB - 9000
JBL 608c - 5300
JBL GTO947 - 4300
BassFX MDF - 1000

More than anything the sound clarity is awesome & ppl who travelled in car frisked me many a times for AMP & Woofer! Poor guys.
I'm a kind of person who is a mid freak on music with ipod hanging on me many a times whether it be a day or night or when i'm sleeping. I'm saying this since I listen to the minutest sound of music instruments being used & take immense pleasure in hearing it over & over again.

Yeah you are right! Surely you wud have this question for me. Why did you choose against having an amp & woofer. Yup I may, in future but not for now for sure.

Coming to the Installation. I rate this as the best installation I have ever witnessed. These guys take pleasure more than pain in ICE'ing your car. Mind you I have referred many of my frenz here & I would continue to since their work is exemplary.

They never use the wires provided with the kit, rather use a different wire which makes a world of difference. After reading thru many of the forums & loads of threads I understood the same config would look quite different if the installation is done by a Pro. It does.

First the wiring was done & HU was fixed with Components alone. Am hearing songs play from my HU for the very first time. I thought the sound was a lil low, I understood the equalizer was not set & rear speakers were not connected too. but the sound clarity was next to perfection. It had that crispness I would say than loud. It was a pleasure hearing it mid low.

Now it was a time when the rear speakers to be connected. woo-ahh that was out of amazement! I could not resist hearing songs in my Blackagna for the first time. It had so much of clarity & punch along with the rear & components in the front.

To top it all when the equalizer was set right, it was a dream come true moment for me. Actually I seldom came out of my car that night. Enzoyed hearing my all time favourite numbers for the first time with immense sweetness!!!

Installation Pictures for you to have a feel of wat happenend & how it was done that night!!

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2159.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2163.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2166.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2167.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2169.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2171.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2172.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2173.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2174.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2175.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2177.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2178.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2180.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2181.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2185.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2187.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2188.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2190.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2199.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2200.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2201.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2203.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2209.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2213.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2215.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2216.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2225.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2226.jpg

AB: 'Acoustic Blackagna'-img_2231.jpg

Last edited by Sai Narayan : 14th March 2010 at 13:36.
Sai Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2010, 14:22   #2
BHPian

Congrats Sai.

Have the crossovers left loose behind the HU? If so, better to stick it with some foam tape.
Old 14th March 2010, 19:57   #3
BHPian

Hey Thank you Shreyasma.
Yup! It is not left as such as. It has been struck carefully. Thanks for your concern again!!
Old 15th March 2010, 14:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sai.
Good to see you back with your excellent writing.
Old 18th March 2010, 00:43   #5
BHPian

Congrats Sai.!! Since you're satisfied by the job done by the installers and appreciated it!! Enjoy The Music!!
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:22   #6
BHPian

Thank you very much rk_sans & FeelTheBass!!

I really love my car with music ON! Love it both when it is mild or in high sound. It has an equal balance.
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:41   #7
BHPian

Congratulations Sai. I myself have been thinking about getting component speakers for the front & was wondering, do you recommend the JBL 608c you have put in your car?

In my case, i have the same head unit as you & am already running a 4 channel amp. The rear speakers are Pioneer as well & am happy with their performance. The problem is that i want better sound from my front speakers & also, i want better bass or thump as some people call it. So ive been thinking about getting components but am really confused as to which ones to buy. Also, the price youve mentioned would fall into my budget as well.
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:50   #8
BHPian

Thank you Xehust!
I would recommend the component speakers JBL608c for its clarity & the way the highs & lows are separated. Am not a audio, but I'm to a certain extent.

I loved the Polks for the utmost clarity, but it did not fall in my budget, as well I never regret for choosing 608c either. I could never find much difference on this one.

You need to hear to believe. I guess our HU is one of the best. It really transforms music to another level.

I would say, it really has the thump that you aspire for!!

Last edited by Sai Narayan : 22nd March 2010 at 18:52.
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:02   #9
BHPian

Congrats sai. looks to be a sweet setup. pl share the installer details and cost of install
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:50   #10
BHPian

Here is the complete address ikoneer.

I have already given the breakup of complete installation. Nothing more buddy!

PITZSTOP,
NEW NO 16, LAKSHMAN ST,
NEAR JEEVA PARK,
T NAGAR, CHENNAI-17

Krunal Sanghvi - 9884320079
Ankur - 9884109855

Jus tell Ankur/Krunal that you are a freind of sai, so that u get a competitive price!!
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

A very nice install indeed. I am doing a very similar setup on my swift. I bought all the components but still havent got my vehicle.
Anyways the compenents i have got is :
Pioneer 5250 HU.
JBL GTO608c components
JBL GTO948 400w limited edition ovals
JBL GT5644 4ch amplifier
JBL Amplifier Wiring Kit
2 Scosche RCA Cables
Can you pls tell me how much you paid for the install.
I also love your car seat covers.Can you give me more information on the same ?
PRICE ?
Where You got them ?
Do they Sweat ?
What material are they ?
Best Regards
Arjun
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:53   #12
BHPian

Hey Arjun:

Good Choice man!! I guess for installation he may demand in tune to 300-500 bucks. I would back them on any given day. That's the place where I did my Seat covers as well. It cost me 6.8k. They are Art Leathers. Gsport brand. You need to have a look at the finishing, it was really perfect.
In Summer, it is quite hot, but with A/C, I have never felt the pinch of it still.
I would suggest this though.
So you can get in touch with those guys for seat cover / Audio setup. I bet you will love the place & they way they go about doing things.
Old 24th March 2010, 00:09   #13
BHPian

great setup there!

Thats a real neat setup you have there!
As well done as the Seat-Cover Job I may say!?

Well, I was having this thing in mind, with the same setup that you got, I was also thinking of ICEing my Vanilla Ice-cream! (read: i10 -White)
I was wondering though, thre are no touchscreen HUs available in the same/similar range? I have seen some around (but again not sure whether they are branded well or otherwise.. I dont want to go on any compromise with HUs, thats sure.)
(your HU is very sweet BTW)
Congrats. Again!

Care.

Ace.
Old 24th March 2010, 06:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai Narayan View Post
Hey Arjun:

Good Choice man!! I guess for installation he may demand in tune to 300-500 bucks. I would back them on any given day. That's the place where I did my Seat covers as well. It cost me 6.8k. They are Art Leathers. Gsport brand. You need to have a look at the finishing, it was really perfect.
In Summer, it is quite hot, but with A/C, I have never felt the pinch of it still.
I would suggest this though.
So you can get in touch with those guys for seat cover / Audio setup. I bet you will love the place & they way they go about doing things.
Oh good. Do they have seat covers for around 3.5k ? because that's how much I have allocated for the seats. On a very strict budget.
And are you sure he would charge 300-500 ?
Because places like Technokrat Charge upto 2k for install.
Old 24th March 2010, 10:52   #15
BHPian

Arjun:

Yes! They do have seat covers starting from 3.5k, for the install, I'm sorry! I missed a '1' before, it would be around 1300-1500. Just call them & talk to them to get a clear picture!!

Driverace:
Thanks for your compliments! I did consider the below HU before opting on 6050UB.
Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD 5.8-Inch In-Dash Touchscreen Double-Din DVD Multimedia A/V Receiver: Electronics

btw-Vannila Icecream was so cold to handle

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks