Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 03:36   #1
BHPian

JBL T696 Limited Edition

Hi,

After recently going through a quite a journey of upgrading my ICE I am back with problem

read the story here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...need-help.html

The only thing now left to upgrade is rare speakers and I really want to go for JTB T696
India JBL

Why T696 simple math current Pioneer 6x9 3 way out put is 460W

JBL T696 6x9 3 way output is wooping 600W

Problem:

I am not able to find dealer who have these speakers and I have been advised by lot of guys to go for JBL 400W rather than T696

Will going for 600W speakers require adding a amp to power-up the speakers??

Are there any other alternative for T696
Old 20th March 2010, 06:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
... Why T696 simple math ... not able to find dealer who have these speakers ... advised by lot of guys to go for JBL 400W ...
Will going for 600W speakers require adding a amp ... Are there any other alternative for T696
@viraj_s85, that maths is a bit toooooo simple. That is not the way to compare speakers. To know which speaker is better, you must actually listen to it.

Anyhow, if T696 is not available, you are anyway chasing a mirage. Go out and find out which ones are available, and listen to each one of them. You will soon figure out which one is better than your current one. If a dealer does not give a demo, there will not be much point in buying from that dealer. There are other good 6x9s from JBL, Infinity, Polk, Hertz, etc.

Adding an amp certainly helps, but not because a speaker is 600W (which is anyhow a misleading number - a marketing gimmick). An amp makes the music sound better through the same speakers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks