Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 18:23   #1
BHPian

Music Setup for new swift under 14k

Hello all, this is my first thread on TeamBhp

I have just purchased a new swift vxi. Delivery of the car is on 31st or on fools day

I want to install a music system as soon as i get the car. My budget is max 14k.
I dont have any idea about the speakers. As for Head Unit, after reading around on the forum, i am considering Pioneer 4190SD.

Another thing is, the swift isn't coming with the plate thats behind the rear seat. If i buy the full music system from my dealer they will install it for free(cost=1700). And further the dealer has only Sony and Kenwood systems.

What do you people suggest? What do i do?
Replies appreciated.
Old 26th March 2010, 19:00   #2
BHPian

I wanted to edit, but there is no edit button..?
Sorry, the dealer has only Sony and JVC setups..
Old 26th March 2010, 20:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arihant.EXE View Post
Hello all, this is my first thread on TeamBhp

I have just purchased a new swift vxi. Delivery of the car is on 31st or on fools day

I want to install a music system as soon as i get the car. My budget is max 14k.
I dont have any idea about the speakers. As for Head Unit, after reading around on the forum, i am considering Pioneer 4190SD.

Another thing is, the swift isn't coming with the plate thats behind the rear seat. If i buy the full music system from my dealer they will install it for free(cost=1700). And further the dealer has only Sony and Kenwood systems.

What do you people suggest? What do i do?
Replies appreciated.
Pioneer 4190SD has been discontinued from jan. few remaining pieces are being sold at <7k. grab one if you can find one
its replacement is Pioneer 4290SD at just under 10k. except for minor changes nothing much different from Pioneer 4190SD.
i just bought one 4190SD for my swift. sounds good.
i went for jbl 265 c component speakers in front and jbl 265 co-axial speakers in rear door(didnt wnt to put a parcel shelf and minimize the stuffing capacity of the aready tiny boot of swift
good combination, cost 14k all together

Last edited by i_see : 26th March 2010 at 20:36.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

please DO NOT install anything from the dealer. they dont know anything & are complete jerks!

regarding your 14k setup, as you have posted your query in this section, be rest assured you will end up spending atleast 25k now!!!

i would recommend-
Pio HU- 6.5 k
JBL front comp- 4.5 k
JBL rear co-axials- 3k

that adds upto 14k exact. but you will have to add an amp. even a 2ch amp for the front comp will do. it will cost around 4k. and wiring will cost around 2k.

so total is 20k.

if you cannot spend that much, put co-axials in front too. it of no use installing comps in front without an amp.
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:07   #5
BHPian

The dealer pricing is always premium. You can get the HU and speakers at a more competitive prices at car audio stores. This will off-set the free installation charge that he is offering you.

Plus you have far better options to choose from....Pioneer HU and JBL speakers suit your budget well.
Old 4th April 2010, 04:08   #6
BHPian

Congrats for the Swift Arihant. It's a great car to ICE.
For a budget of around 15k, you can get a good music system.

- Kenwood Head Unit ~ 5k
- JBL/Kenwood/Blaupunkt 4 channel Amplifier ~ 5k
- JBL/Bull Audio/Illusion Audio 6.5" Front Components ~ 4-7k
- Wiring + Installation ~ 2k

I would suggest that you go for a 4 channel amplifier. ICE always comes with an upgrade 'keeda', so a 4-channel amp now will ensure that you'll be able to add a sub-woofer in the near future.

Good luck!
Old 4th April 2010, 07:15   #7
BHPian

Since you are working in a limited budget here's what I suggest.
Go in stages. Dont go in for cheap brands or things which you will feel like replacing in a couple of months time. You end up losing money this way.

Rather, dont aim for the whole setup right away but get something good.

You'd definately need a good HU. Budget atleast 7 to 8 k for this. Think about the features you need.
Look at Kenwood & Pio models (even from gray market if you must) but get the best you can get for this budget. There's even an Alpine HU (100EUB) which retails for like less than 7k. It aint a bad option too.

Next aim for either good componants in the front or good 6*9 Ovals for the rear to start. Budget 6-7 k for componants (say JBL) or around 4-5k for rear oval speakers (again frm JBL). Rear ovals would need a wood parcel tray for 500 rupees. If you are not planning to add a sub, rear ovals are almost a must have.

Add an amp and the other set of speakers after sometime.
Old 4th April 2010, 21:08   #8
BHPian

first consider changing the tyres of the car, you might get some buy back on the already put ones before they touch the road. else you'll have to live with them for another 40-50k kms. ICE toh lag hi jayega.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks