Team-BHP - 5,1 set up
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   5,1 set up (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/7851-5-1-set-up.html)

hi guys,,
did a 5.1 set up,, thought i'll share it with u guys..
regards,,
DRIVEN

head unit is a touch screen pioneer,,

used 5 two chanel amp's,,

two 10" ID subs in the rear parcel tray

center speaker by jvc

back up camera over the No. plate

HOPE U GUYS LIKE IT

REGARDS
DRIVEN

System is very nice. must have cost a bomb. Nice clean install also. Who did it??.

And BTW. what is that ugly mobile doing alongwith such a nice system

neat setup there JB..the screen is filled with finger prints, cant they make these in such a way that they dont get those marks..and u should have made the reversing camera concealed, made a cut in the bumper or something to keep it out of the wrong hands..btw is this a mercedes benz 220 cdi..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885
btw is this a mercedes benz 220 cdi..

There's no Mercedes with a hook above the number plate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
There's no Mercedes with a hook above the number plate.

Hook...where??? You sure you not looking at the cam???

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wolf
Hook...where??? You sure you not looking at the cam???

Wolf..look at the last photograph. And where exactly you can see the cam?????

Quote:

Wolf..look at the last photograph. And where exactly you can see the cam?????

That thingie right between(top) the alphabets C and K is a backup camera ,,arent you seeing what I am? Last snap is the number plate one right? If yoy are talking bout the black patch like thing an inch above the num plate(above alphabet C) Im sorry, the display of the pic on my monitor isnt too definitive...cant figure out that its a hook...Theres no doubt the car is a MB otherwise.

Yes, and that's why I mentioned that it can't be a Merc.

Quote:

Yes, and that's why I mentioned that it can't be a Merc.

hey rudra..check out the 1st pic..below the touch screen pioneer system..i think its the factory fitment HU or the climatic control(black in colour)..u can see the MB logo there..so its got to be a MB..what say..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885
u can see the MB logo there..so its got to be a MB..what say..

SORRY and thanks. You're are right.

Hi Folks

Well... The install was done by Driven, as he said in the beginning of his post. Yes you are right, it is a special edition (these interiors were not standard) merc 220cdi. The UGLY (I share your sentiments) phone is an original MB accessory and costs... (brace yourself) 1.5 lakhs extra. YES.. the owner paid that extra cuz he wanted to be able to talk handsfree with phone controls on the steering. The phone integrates with the original MB HU and steering controls through the D2B digital bus.

Yes Mclaren, though they wanted to "stealth install" the camera, the owner was very clear that there would be NO holes made in the car and everything would go in stock locations and be totally reversible. Hence the surface mounted camera. That is not a hook folks, thats a pic without the top plate (above the no plate) removed so you can see the cables going down, wrapped in insulation tape... again no holes in the body allowed... so...

Quiz: They had to retain all the functionality of the MB phone, even after the DVD system was put in. How did they do it?

ehem... me got doubts :D

why 5 2 channel amps? and how r the connected .

is it like 5 channels get 5 amps and then..what abt the sub? who powers it?

r the subs/center the only extra speakers used 2 do this setup...

5 amps. let see the left 2 run the front components. the middle amp (with the white input wire) the center jvc speaker. the 4th amp (with the red input wire) the subs. and the right most amp the rear speakers. what say driven how far off am i? :-)

1 amp - Fronts
1 amp - Rears
1 amp - Centre
1 amp - Left Sub (bridged)
1 amp - Right Sub (bridged)

Hey.. I realised there are no speaker pics in Driven's post. FYI Front and Rear speakers are Image Dynamics CTX6 coaxials. And as you can see the subs are ID10v3 10" subs.

And you have to hear the bass on DVD movies... These subs have awesome low extension