Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2005, 17:53   #16
BHPian

autophile.. both your recomendations r amazing.. i had suggested the infinity dvq subs.. this one is the dvc model. and not id coz idmax is verryyy expensive.. id like to know how much both these models would cost here..... these babies are also rms hoggers.. what amp ?? lol.. setup would go higher then expected but yes defnately play better... i still feel the level 2. alpine type r and kicker compvr r the best bang for your buck..both r more spl based with good sq. whereas ur subs r SQ! ne ways
would love to know the id and infinity subs prices..
thanx sam for your price listings.. just one question
they r the 04 model.. r they both 4 ohm ??
Kappa 60.5 - 13500
REF6000cs - 9500

also..the kappa box12: 15500.. thats just 1 sub.. ? or 2 ? could u send a link witha pic?

and navin i dont really have a budget.. i just want a damn clean system for my gf. ..ill save up.. dosent matter .
Old 5th October 2005, 18:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoheb
autophile.. not id coz idmax is verryyy expensive.. id like to know how much both these models would cost here..... ??
Zoheb... The IDMAX12 will rock your world in an IB install in your GFs corolla... Trust me... she will be very happy......

And I mean just 1 sub. Let me tell you a story about Jason Winslow, one of the regular competitors in IASCA and Db Drags. So there he is with 1 IDMAX in his car, preparing to play it for the SPL judges. And he is cueing up his demo track to get to the loud part. So he is rewinding through the track and the judge says OK, you're done... Jason says, well I havent even played the track yet... You wanna know what the SPL already registered at... 144.5dB

I hope you can now understand why the IDMAX12 has a cult SPL following (funny for an SQ sub) in the US, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, UK etc..

And the IDMAX12 is very happy with 300 or 400w. Here is an install we did in the boot with around 400w to each sub.

Also have a look at the ID12v3 sub. Its much cheaper, costs 9.5K here, has 17mm XMAX... and sounds good too.
Old 6th October 2005, 10:00   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoheb
autophile.. both your recomendations r amazing.. i had suggested the infinity dvq subs.. this one is the dvc model. and not id coz idmax is verryyy expensive.. id like to know how much both these models would cost here..... these babies are also rms hoggers.. what amp ?? lol.. setup would go higher then expected but yes defnately play better... i still feel the level 2. alpine type r and kicker compvr r the best bang for your buck..both r more spl based with good sq. whereas ur subs r SQ! ne ways
would love to know the id and infinity subs prices..
thanx sam for your price listings.. just one question
they r the 04 model.. r they both 4 ohm ??
Kappa 60.5 - 13500
REF6000cs - 9500

also..the kappa box12: 15500.. thats just 1 sub.. ? or 2 ? could u send a link witha pic?

and navin i dont really have a budget.. i just want a damn clean system for my gf. ..ill save up.. dosent matter .
Sorry Zoheb,
Dont have a link with a picture. Like I said before, I dont use this forum to promote JBL or Infinity, so i dont really have links handy.

You might get this info on the infinity website. Maybe some of our gallant surfers can help you there.

Not all Kappa products are 2 ohms. Just some are....
The kappa box12 is a single sub in-a-box.

Cheers!
Old 6th October 2005, 10:25   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
When people say SQL (very few of them though). The only one subwoofer comes to mind is Image Dynamics IDMAX, it can leave every other sub in dust when it comes to SQL.
JB, I understand that the ID subs are good. very good. you know that i respect your products (without having heard them) but such sweeping statements can be very unbecoming!

Hope you dont take this personally.
Old 6th October 2005, 11:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
JB, I understand that the ID subs are good. very good. you know that i respect your products (without having heard them) but such sweeping statements can be very unbecoming!
Hope you dont take this personally.
Navinji, while JBs post may appear to be just that... I think you missed the part where he recommended an Infinity Perfect VQ sub. If he was trying to promote his own product, would he be recommending a "competetive" product. Just yesterday, he recommeded a MB Quart setup to RSjaurr. Again, he could have advised him to buy an ID sub... but he didnt.

All our recommendations are based on actually hearing and using the products we recommend. They may or may not be our products. We dont recommend products just because the company we work for happens to sell that product. We have chosen our product range after years of experience with the biggest names in the busines...

That said, what he said is so true.. The IDMAX sub literally started the SQL sub trend. Do you know the sub is on a National Backorder... means the company cant make them as fast as people wanna buy them. Currently, people in the US wait an average to 2 months to get this sub.

Head to head, we have tested it against the JL 12W6, Alpine Rtypes, Infinity Perfect (among others). If you would rather hear from customers I can invite them to this forum. They will tell you how their JLs etc were put up for sale within 10 min of hearing the IDMAX...

Old 6th October 2005, 11:19   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Navinji, while JBs post may appear to be just that...

All our recommendations are based on actually hearing and using the products we recommend.

Head to head, we have tested it against the JL 12W6, Alpine Rtypes, Infinity Perfect (among others). If you would rather hear from customers I can invite them to this forum. They will tell you how their JLs etc were put up for sale within 10 min of hearing the
Gunbir and JB,

Nope I did not mean anything personal in my post. I know that both you and JB (Autophile is too long to type) recommend prodcuts that you do not represent and all of us here appreciate this.

I was just making a statement that "CATEGORICAL" statements (hwever true or however well substantiated) should be avoided as it come off as bombastic or arrogant. Remember we are all 100s of miles apart and often dont have the oppotunity to meet and commnunicate regularly so even innocuous statements can start something not intended.

While we are on this subject, let me state publically that I have great respect for JB. We share some of the same philosophies. It was just my trying to tame the statement he made. BTW I have heard of JB in Mumbai even before he was introduced on this forum. I wont say what, when and where? :-) LOL

I hope we can treat this matter as closed and get back to what we all love - Audio. As Sam once said "who needs this Engine Vengine".

Last edited by navin : 6th October 2005 at 11:21.
Old 6th October 2005, 11:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Navinji, no offense meant and none taken. I was simply clarifying our position. And believe me, the respect is mutual.
Old 7th October 2005, 12:37   #23
BHPian

I am not taking it personally guys but the "IDMAX12 is the king of 12" Hill".

We have experienced it. And in our experience of Car Audio there is no other subwoofer which has come close to this sub.

My statement is not sweeping but I am telling people about a product which has a cult following. I just told them what it has been doing and what it can do. I am not telling people to buy it.

People talk about Porsches and Ferraris that does not mean that talking about them has something to do with their sales.

Anyone who has got any performance related questions abt the sub. I can demonstrate it.
Old 7th October 2005, 13:22   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
My statement is not sweeping but I am telling people about a product which has a cult following. I just told them what it has been doing and what it can do. I am not telling people to buy it.

People talk about Porsches and Ferraris that does not mean that talking about them has something to do with their sales.
Hey JB, I am a chilled out old man and even to my "live and let live nature" the following statement "The only one subwoofer comes to mind is Image Dynamics IDMAX, it can leave every other sub in dust when it comes to SQL." came across as a bit definitive. You wont believe it but there are people who expected me to moderate this forum with more "enthusiasim" but I like to let things be as long as the PUBLIC is not offended and I dont get PMed by atleast 3 Members.

I know that many pros and well respected SQL competitors use ID and I have heard of them at all the car audio forums and shows but not had the chance to hear them in a nicer enviroment - that is another sad story. I am impatiently waiting for ID to come to Mumbai.

I understand ID has a back order of 2 or 3 months or so and that is fantastic for any audio product (car or home). A few Pro audio products have such backlogs.

ID has an excellent reputation but no Ferrari representative will say that Ferrari can leave all other super cars in the dust. If they do they would also be similarly chastised. It is not the quality of ID's subs that is the question here. It is the nature of the statement.

No hard feelings. I hope we can close this matter. Thank you for allowing me to say my piece.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks