Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 14:29   #1

Ritz ICE - Need to change components, please suggest a brand

Hi people,

I recently brought a Ritz Lxi and yesterday i got ICE installed in it. i wanted something decent for it so opted for pioneer 6050 HU. have always been a fan of sony but this time i guess i wanted to try pioneer as everyone here seems to favour it.

now comes the sound part. i wanted to go for components, i heard Boston one which he told me are same as Philips component. they infact seems identical on all front. infinity were out of my budget so have to rule them out. then he showed me some Fusion Component priced at 6k a pair, (i got 2 pairs installed in my car) never heard of them but then he said give it a try for couple of days.. if you wont like it then i would change them..now i am not at all satisfied with them.. they are not punchy enough, vocals are clear but treble is unbalanced. i tried everything to work them out on EQ front but nothing came up. the sound is pretty damm boring to listen to. i love my sony and boshman for that matter in my baleno.

Now i want to get rid of them and would like to know which components to go for i have heard Boston and pretty mush like them but they are cheap at around 4k a set. he wont give back the diffrence.

can anyone suggest me some good components for front and rear ? or any better setup i just want good sound, not a fan of dhum dhum.. but i preffer tight bass. so overall i can easily go for anything in between 13-15 k for speakers.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:54   #2

bump.. guys i am booked for speaker change tomorrow morning, i am seriously confused and counting on you guys for help

From what i have read on this fourm till now and have gone down to 2 brands :

HERTZ Energy series
Infinity refrence or kappa (Confused with there performance)

Help Help Help

PS : i preffer groovy music with Tight Bass.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:13   #3
BHPian

Am no expert but Hertz, JBL, Infinity, Polk and Boston are surely a lot better and have been in the car audio business far longer than the so called 'fusion' and you have every right to demand a refund for trying to sell you crap in the first place!!!
Old 13th April 2010, 10:04   #4

yes sir, my bad that i let him test fusion on me but with the current scenario i cant get the refund can only exchange :(

so no regret on that as long as he provides me with what i want, only regret will be the tuning part. he aint a good tuner.

still the question stays open which components for front.
Old 13th April 2010, 18:25   #5

OK so the speaker change got delayed due to non availability of the person, though i have ordered for Hertz ESK 165 for now but i can still change till tomorrow. suggestions are highly welcome.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:53   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Am no expert but Hertz, JBL, Infinity, Polk and Boston are surely a lot better and have been in the car audio business far longer than the so called 'fusion' and you have every right to demand a refund for trying to sell you crap in the first place!!!
i agree here, never heard of fusion, though wouldn't be quick to judge it.
there are many component sets available, depending on the kind of music you like to listen. the best way is to try and check out a few cars already installed with them.
JBLs in grey are for a v. good price, you've to be careful though of fakes. Infinity is nice.
Bull i guess is the only set with silk dome tweeter at that price. goes well with pioneer. have a friend with the combo.
Rainbow Titan is a good driver paired with a metal dome tweeter... again, different characteristics.
Boston, Hertz, Philips are surely more reliable than fusion. So wld be alpine, blau. Make sure you get what you like. Besides warranty, service, quality and reliability, at the end of the day, it's all a matter of taste.
Old 15th April 2010, 18:41   #7
BANNED

you can consider JBL GTO components or Hertz which gives you decent BASS. If you want more of clarity and OK with budget you can think about POLK MOMO series.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:46   #8
BHPian

I have heard of the brand fusion.They usually make subwoofers and base tubes.
A friend of mine has a 10 inch fucion bass tubi in his swift.It sounds pretty decent considering that it sosted him around 5.5 and its an active bass tube.
Heck a guy was selling a fusion sub in an enclosed fusion box with a fusion 2ch amp mounted on top of the box.The sub was 12inch and he was selling the whole thing for around 4.5 which included installation.
Considering that i think that the fusion components that you have bought are a bit over priced.
Old 16th April 2010, 01:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

HERTZ is a good choice. I have one in my car from past 3 years and they are running perfectly. Go for it if you are confused or try to listen to diffrent comps. You are most welcome to listen to my setup, just let me know in advance.
From where are you getting the install done?
Old 16th April 2010, 10:32   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucksin View Post
can anyone suggest me some good components for front and rear ? or any better setup i just want good sound, not a fan of dhum dhum.. but i preffer tight bass. so overall i can easily go for anything in between 13-15 k for speakers.
Infinity, Boston, Polk, and Focal are most commonly available but each of them have a different sound so listen before you buy
Old 16th April 2010, 12:10   #11

thanks guys for all the help, finally i have to decide on Hertz ESK 165 because that was the only option available to go for.

Polk and Focal were not available with him infinity kappa was available but at a premium so decided on not to go for it. and then it was getting delayed so i had to act fast and get the replacement, though i am more happy with Hertz atleast than Fusion.

Boston i heard were good but did't gave it a try cause otherwise i woud'nt have got any refund back. anyways, i'll try them on my baleno as baleno is due for upgrades all around.

may be now after hearing these i can say Fusion has a lil better depth then Hertz but way uncontrolled Bass with clear and deep vocals and a lil out of sync Highs. where as Hertz is better overall clear but with less depth in vocals nice and controllable Highs and Good Mid Bass which tend to vary from genre of music. house electronic and trance sound superb, very well balance but some old classical may not sound that good with flat mid's. where as Fusions are better for classical and vocals but over they are crap. STAY AWAY from them.

i guess am happy with hertz though i am with a very very basic set up at the moment. i got pioneer 6050UB as head unit and Hertz ESK 165 and thats about it. will be going for an Amp next lets see which one to go for as my pay check is still 15 days away from me and then may be i'll go for some better 6x9 as my personal liking is not for Front stage music but balances center stage if something of that sort exist.

@Nitin : definatly we could meet and go though each other set up thanks for all the support brother. appreciate that. i am gettin it done from a shop nearby in north delhi, Ashok Vihar where i am putting up.

@Enigma : Yeah thats what i am thinking i paid a premium but let burry it as lesson learned

@Monty : thanks brother i guess fakes are making our life's more miserable than lesser known brand i guess JBL is affected as well so i'll just try to avoid controversial brands

So lesson learned for next time hear it before purchasing it.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th April 2010 at 13:04. Reason: Only 2 smilies allowed per post.
Old 16th April 2010, 23:26   #12
BHPian

Lucksin - how much did you pay and who is the guy you got these from? I'm asking this because I stay at Model Town ?Also, are these fronts?
Old 17th April 2010, 14:48   #13

Dieseled - Yeah these are Front Components, i paid around 7500 for Hertz ESK 165. got them from a shop nearby will pm you the name

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks