2. Pioneer front speakers (100W) - 1200
3. Pioneer rear (3 way) speakers (240 W) - 2400
4. Pioneer tweeters (240 W) - 450
5. Miyota Casstte adapter 490
6. Antenna(manual) 175
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total 8315

Are they reasonable ? Yes i wanted to go for a cheaper system and only a cassette HU since i know if i go for MD/CD then i have to go one with an aux in and i have an ipod which i "WANT" to run in my car.
Old 11th October 2005, 21:38   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello my friend,

You have a nice system for the money. Everything should work fine and you will be able to connect your ipod. I have not heard of this cassette adaptor so i hope it works well. If you have any problem you know where to find us.
Enjoy!
Old 11th October 2005, 21:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchandra
I have a new zen , and i got the following fitted
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Pioneer KEH - P2035 - 3600
2. Pioneer front speakers (100W) - 1200
3. Pioneer rear (3 way) speakers (240 W) - 2400
4. Pioneer tweeters (240 W) - 450
5. Miyota Casstte adapter 490
6. Antenna(manual) 175
Total 8315

Are they reasonable ? Yes i wanted to go for a cheaper system and only a cassette HU since i know if i go for MD/CD then i have to go one with an aux in and i have an ipod which i "WANT" to run in my car.
reasonable since u r on low budget (right?) and should i say the damage has been done, if u had wanted a better config.
Old 11th October 2005, 21:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Hello my friend,

You have a nice system for the money. Everything should work fine and you will be able to connect your ipod. I have not heard of this cassette adaptor so i hope it works well. If you have any problem you know where to find us.
Enjoy!
Sam from personal experience having listened to both cassete adaptor and fm transmitter integration with Ipod, I can tell that cassete adaptor is way better than the fm transmitter!
Old 12th October 2005, 08:58   #5
BHPian

ipod

Actually this is the cheapest way of connecting an ipod :-) , moreover whatever i bought is cheaper since i got it without any warranty and from the grey market (but yes made in malaysia ... ) heard that made is china needs to be avoided.

Also there are many FM transmitters for ipod (actually that can be used for any peripheral devices) , the reason i went with cassette adapater is
1. cheaper
2. i have a cassette player.
3. Itrip (one of the famous fm transmitter) is costing around 2000/- and there have been reviews that there is lot of static heard, and hence the quality of output isnt as good as percieved. (I might be wrong since my views are only from the 100s of reviews on the web).

Yes Ipod is working quite fine, just that i have to keep ipod volume at MAX, else what happens is that when i keep ipod volume low, i need to increase the volume of the HU and then the hissing/Buzzing due to the cassette adapter and also the normal characterstic of a tape players(without dolby NR) increases and becomes a bit annoying when there are silent gaps in between songs and also in songs. Otherwise it works fine (of course not as great as directly putting into an AUX in).

:-) Regarding the damages being done, i guess thats fine, maybe after increased knowledge in the 1 year, i will have a better wit to go for a much better system with higher config, till then for a newbie in practicals of cars and car stereo (thats me) , this would be like rocket science ...
Old 12th October 2005, 15:11   #6
BHPian

GChandra...........!

Is it Girish Chandra from St. Pauls High School, Hyderabad?

A very long shot that i know.....but was just checking!!!
Old 12th October 2005, 16:35   #7
Team-BHP Support

the itrip while not pefect has to be tuned. i found that on my HU 88.5MHz worked best. my nephews HU (also Alpine) the preset worked fine. go figure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks