Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2010, 08:04   #1
BHPian

wagon r ice medium value for money setup wih sub and amp in chennai

hi all

i have been searching this forum for wagon r ice to guide me on ice ing my wagon r vxi.

my requirements are

1) Sub & an amp = compulsory since i like deep punchy bass

2) i need equally good sound in front as well as in rear seat

3) i would like components in front but i do not want it on the door. so a "4" component would do, powered by a 4 channel amp or a 6.5 on the kick panel ( i have not seen any such installations)

5) the rear speaker would be 6*9 oval or 6 mounted on 1.8 inches thick bass reflex parcel tray or moulded behind the seat

6) my total budget for this would be upto 25k.. i am ok with grey since it is a reliable installer

7) i checked out some GP road shops, who quoted 2.5 k for jbl cs1215 sub woofer, 5.5 k for jbl 644 amp and 1k for 4 inch coaxial and 2.5 k for 6*9 rear jbl, hu was 9k for pio dvd hu 3190 or 10k for jvc 9405 with blue tooth

i am confused as to who i should go to:

Soundworks.You can reach Jhony or Devraj

Kotturpuram. Contact Person Raja. Landmark: Bang Opposite Kotturpuram MRTS Railway Station. Kotturpuram Signal - Turn on to Ponniamman Koil Street (Left if coming from Cenotaph road :-: Right if coming from Anna University / Anna Gem) - Keep Going Straight till you see MRTS Elevated tracks (tracks will go left - right) - Turn Right just before the tracks along the canal - Shop on Right Hand Side

Velachery - Sharp Sound Systems.It's on Cart Track (Vandikaaran) Rd, Velachery. You have to go in about a Km from Velachery Road.

Mark - Craftel - Pudupet Audiocraft

You can go to dhanas hari
Old 24th April 2010, 18:13   #2
BANNED

6.5 compo in front & sub power by 4ch amp r just enough to your car & taste. no need of 6x9. go with pioneer u mentioned
Old 24th April 2010, 19:49   #3
BHPian

The idea of installing 6.5 comps in kick panels sounds interesting but I'd suggest you audition a few setups before you decide. Kick panels often provide great imaging but then the installation and placement should be immaculate, and it should not interfere with your feet while driving.

Second option would be installing the 6.5" components in the door panel but this requires a skilled installer.

Third option would be going for 4" inch components, 6*9 co-axials along with the amp and sub-woofer. I can tell you from experience that with 4" components, you will miss out on a lot of mid-bass notes. This can be solved by using the 6*9 co-axials to fill up the mid-bass.

1) Connect 4" components directly from HU. Most 4" comps are rated 30-40W and they run great with the 20-25W RMS that the HU provides.

2) Connect 6*9 co-axials from the amp. Set HPF in HU at 80Hz and set LPF in Amplifier at ~500Hz. This way you'll band-bass the rear coaxials to give you just the mid-bass. But if you want the rear coaxials to play all frequencies, you can skip the LPF step from the amplifier. This will affect the front sound-stage though.

3) Connect the Sub and LPF it at 80 Hz.

For your budget I'd recommend the following equipment

Kenwood HU with 3RCA out ~ 7k
Illusion Audio EL 4.1 Components ~ 5k
Kenwood/JBL/Blaupunkt 4channel Amp ~ 6k
Blaupunkt Gtw 1200 Subwoofer ~ 2.2k
Subwoofer Box ~ 0.8k
Rear Co-Axials ~ 4k
Amplifier Wiring Kit + Installation ~ 3k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks