Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 10:46   #1

Sub-woofer for my Palio

My ICE is basic and consists of a Sony Xplod Head Unit, 2 small tweeters, 2 big oval JBL speakers in the rear and a 3-way 350 watt Xplod Amp. I am thinking of a subwoofer (under 10k including box) and two good quality speakers for the front doors and new tweeters too. Any brands/ideas?? If I stretched my budget a bit, how far do you think I could get?
Old 4th May 2010, 11:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

Where do you want to source the woofer from Bangalore or Cochin?
Old 4th May 2010, 12:06   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woman.on.top View Post
If I stretched my budget a bit, how far do you think I could get?
Thinking about stretching your budget is'nt the smartest/bravest thing to do here on team bhp..especially when it comes to ICE.Look around and you'll find blokes with a humble 10k initial budget stretch all the way to 40k here once they get addicted to the vast quality options available.

Jokes apart me thinks you should stick to JBL as a brand.Their CS line of subwoofers should fit your budget requirements fine.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:16   #4

Ajmat, Bangalore would work best for me, unless of course, Cochin prices are substantially lower.

Thanks Octane. Yes, I have read a post and know what you are talking about. But then 10k for just the sub isnt good enough?

Also, is there ANY way that the sub can be mounted on a smaller box which doesnt eat too much boot space? Is there a sub that can be fitted anywhere other than in the rboot? The Palio doesn't boast of a big one and I already have a spare wheel in there!
Old 4th May 2010, 14:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

w.o.t ; some subs take very less space at the cost of price and hence with 10k its gonna be tough to get a sub+ box + amp + wiring.

Get a decent compos (6-½ inch if possible) and a 6x9 . If installed properly, you should be happy with the sound.

Track the Classifieds; you may get lucky in getting good subs at nice price.
Old 4th May 2010, 14:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Since you are also looking for the comp, the best would be to keep the budget for about 4-5k for the comp, 3-4k for the sub and about 2-3k for the little damping in boot and enclosure.
Cutting the resonance in the boot could result in smoother frequency response and should be well worth.
For sub you look at JBL, Infinity reference, Polk audio db series.
Old 4th May 2010, 14:52   #7
h14
BHPian

You can also consider the Xenos XCT-ASW-160 sub which comes with built-in amp and can be mounted under the seat. I'd also suggest you go in for good components in the front; 6-inch comps are a direct fit in the Palio's front door unlike the 6.5".

I just have MTX 6" comps in the front along with Coustic 6x9 at the rear in my Palio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks