Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 14:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Are these Hertz speakers fake ?

Spotted a bunch of HSK 165's going for 6.5k. Seemed way too cheap
bhpian nandan had reported them as fake. I went over to get a second look.
Seems reasonably ok, but no warranty card from any of the importers ( bbw/sspl/kumars)

this is what they look like
Hertz High Energy Comps arrived - MP3Car.com

the warning on fake HSK's dont help either
Warning on FAKE hertz products!!! - Tsikot Philippines 2010

are these for real?
Old 5th May 2010, 14:52   #2
BHPian

I believe that the Hertz HSK165s mentioned in the link you provided are the old ones before Hertz redesigned their Hi-Energy lineup. The pictures of the HSK165 given at the Hertz site looks nothing like these. Also the picture shown in this PDF too looks like the ones shown above.

I think the really shallow price and absence of the warranty card points to the fact that the product is an old one!
Old 5th May 2010, 15:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

hertz are now cheap cause the overall quailty of product has dropped .. the tweeters are not as much responsive and impressive like they were before ...

possibilty of fakes are very very high now !!!
Old 5th May 2010, 15:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

They are older series. All new Hertz speaker line cones with a V Cone!
Old 5th May 2010, 23:04   #5
BHPian

i got them fitted in my friend's car for 5.5k. The were decent on a GTO1004
Old 11th May 2010, 09:52   #6
BANNED

The ones is the top link mp3car.com are the same as mine, they are also hi energy series, i think mine are maybe 2.5 years old, i swapped them for an amp with another member on this forum. Give them a listen first, the hsk kit gives a very good sound and if original will take over 100wrms, hook them up to a good amp and you will know give plenty of juice and originals won't distort.

Cheers,

Stefan
Old 11th May 2010, 14:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

@ stefan, are the sensitive enough to run off the HU? or will they need an amp to get decent levels out of them?
Old 12th May 2010, 09:41   #8
BANNED

They work better with an amp, also depends on what car you have and how they're mounted, damping makes a huge difference on most cars. I have them running in my safari off a genesis p4, mounted on mdf rings, doors damped on both inner and out skins with a pair of hi energy 10" subs in the dicky, i have some compo's in the rear doors, but have disconnected them, as they are not required for the front stage and the hsk's giving very good imaging.

Hope this helps
Old 12th May 2010, 11:45   #9
naughty001

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
@ stefan, are the sensitive enough to run off the HU? or will they need an amp to get decent levels out of them?
the lower series if i recall correctly the Dieci range (sub prefixed DSK) were sensitive enough to run with the headunit power - and if they were amped did not like to have lots of headroom or power applied

there have been fake hertz floating around the world for a long time, you do have to be careful. Heres a thread at another forum which shows you how to spot the fakes (some of them at least)

speednsound.co.za • View topic - The new "Hertz"

the "chinese english" (chinglish) is easy enough to spot on those, the grammar is exceedingly poor on the fakes as is the build quality compared to real Hertz

Old 6th March 2016, 13:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Are these Hertz speakers fake ?

Newer hertz speakers in general seem to be poor clones of the originals.
I had given good reviews of hertz dieci series, and recommended them to folks based on my initial experience.

I had bought a pair of coaxials from a later series to replace my original coax which got damaged in an accident. at the time it sounded very thin and without any body. At that time i thought it was because they needed time to break in compared to the older coax.

Now one of the newer coaxes voice coils started rubbing, so I decided to replace that one with one of the older coaxes which survived. I was playing around with the balance to check phase, and was blown away by how much better the old one sounded - it was louder, full bodied and better bass. The new one was used for 6 years (2009-1015) as opposed to the old one (2007-2009) so break in isn't the issue

I had also bought a 6.5" dieci series woofer to replace the 5.25" woofer in my car door as an upgrade. The fully broken in 5.25" has as much bass, and plays as loud as the new 6.5".

Pity Illusion comps arent around any more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks