Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2005, 11:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

camera + recording unit.

Hi all,
now that cameras are so cheap that they are giving multiple cameras in phones and reverse cameras visible in many cars, i wanted to know if there is a portable recording unit for cars. a half an hour thingie shud be enough.

I wish I cud record all the traffic that goes in all wrong direction berofe (and behind) me, and put a complaint with proof.

anybody aware of such ready to use gadget? and feasibilty of such evidence. I think it shud be available in bulk since police cars aborad use a lot of those.
I am sure it will not be able to rad the number plate, but at least it can prove that turn indicators given or not, signal was green or not etc.

if not available, I will start gathering info on how to assemble one.
Old 17th October 2005, 11:38   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

ummm.... mate this is India. Getting a in-car HDD video recorder is possible. Getting a traffic warden to sit and see all this is the difficulty I'd think.
Old 17th October 2005, 15:00   #3
Team-BHP Support

why HD based. for video even tape would be adequate. after all you dont need random access for video. all you need is linear access.
Old 17th October 2005, 16:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Well I have a lot of experience with DVRs (Digital Video Recorders) and they do have many advantages over TLRs (Time Lapse Tape Recorders). No head cleaning, no issues with tape path alignment caused by vibrations etc etc.

That said, Sam is right. Even if you spent the money to have this installed in your car, recorded traffic offences, I doubt you would make any further progress...

Unless there is an amercian TV series called "India's funniest traffic videos" where you plan to submit your recordings...
Old 18th October 2005, 10:45   #5
BHPian

This sounds good. Just imagine I pack my humble Alto with such gadgets and make it a mean, lean crime-fighting machine. But first I need to get my CCTB out.
Old 18th October 2005, 10:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

well, you guys are tight in saying it's difficult to convince a traffic guys with a recording.

but what if it's a really bad case, and only way to get out (or at least stay safe) is to prove that you were right and followed the traffic rules.

I guess that will be helpful.
Old 18th October 2005, 11:22   #7
Team-BHP Support

Vivek, you dont need gadgets to convice a cop. Just the CCTB.
Old 18th October 2005, 11:42   #8
BHPian

The CCTB is going out very soon. That is after I decide which amp to buy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks