Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2005, 11:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
Hey Gunbir, whats up with Delhi, they seem to love 15"ers a lot. Btw, you are underpowering those subs by giving them only 180w. Give them the 600w you are thinking of giving them and they are gonna rumble!!
Hehee... We like ours big... Wait till we install the 21"er.

Well 180w goes a long way when the driver is 95dB sensitive. Trust me, there is nothing 'underpowered' about the sound. Window panes in neighbouring buildings and stuff shakes when the car passes by. BTW system runs flat, no EQ, no bass boost... I can only imagine with 600w x 2.....
Old 19th October 2005, 11:30   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Arush, you really know how to spoil these kids ..haha
Neat setup there, tho i am not sure why you didnt put a box on to the subs instead of putting that tray? I have a woofer in my accord and have put it in a box frame so that it gives better sound, its faces the same direction as you did in this car...if i open the rear seat handrest the bass is louder.I think a box would give u deeper bass.
Old 19th October 2005, 11:38   #18
Team-BHP Support

Sahil, my guess is the following. those 15" each would be happiest in a box of about 5-6 cu. ft. 2 of them menas 10-12 c.u ft. 1 cu. ft. = 28 liters. 12 cu. ft. is about 320 liters. I wont be surprised if the trunk of the Sonota is a bit larger than 320 liters giving effectively a large sealed box effect.
Old 19th October 2005, 11:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Sahil, my guess is the following. those 15" each would be happiest in a box of about 5-6 cu. ft. 2 of them menas 10-12 c.u ft. 1 cu. ft. = 28 liters. 12 cu. ft. is about 320 liters. I wont be surprised if the trunk of the Sonota is a bit larger than 320 liters giving effectively a large sealed box effect.
As usual, Navinji is right... By insulating the baffle and the boot from the cabin, we have effectively created a large sealed box.

IB can yield very good results if done well. Unfortunately, it is difficult and installers skimp on the basics, resulting in losses, which then sounds like crap. Here are some progress pics for the uninitiated...

The Autopsyche'd car

Earlier boot... Note the wierd ports, diff subs, haphazard wiring

please DO NOT USE these noise filters.. they are fake, degrade your sound. This one is installed at the battery hahaha. Thats before the noise is actually pickep up.

New Cabling

Rear parcel shelf... Pioneer 6x9, bolted down, all holes sealed later

After a lot of measuring and contouring, MDF baffle finally fits..

More baffle pics

Now to fit it in...

Done..

Old 19th October 2005, 13:05   #20
Team-BHP Support

gunbir, you do have a habit of documenting your projects well. I would reverse the 6x9 so that the tweeters are on the outside. might improce stereo seperation. also mounting them direct to metal is not recomended. One more option is to use T-nuts so that the screws dont loosen after a while.
Old 19th October 2005, 13:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
gunbir, you do have a habit of documenting your projects well. I would reverse the 6x9 so that the tweeters are on the outside. might improce stereo seperation. also mounting them direct to metal is not recomended. One more option is to use T-nuts so that the screws dont loosen after a while.
Navinji, I love that you think like us. Sometimes I think we over-do this stuff and does anyone really care... but the fact that you noticed means we are on the right track... Also, we try to educate so the documentation proves very handy and sometimes we learn something ourselves while reviewing later.

That pic is from earlier, before we did the parcel shelf... Once we did the insulation of the parcel shelf, we removed the 6x9s... Their direction was reversed for wider stereo imaging. The speakers were given a layer of AZcomp FonoTape (it watertights, airtights and dustights) around the mounting ring, between them and the metal. Also, If you look closer we are using bolt type screws (they were already there). I didnt take any pics after that, it was around 1am and I was hungry... At that point I just wanted to hear the install and go home...
Old 19th October 2005, 13:36   #22
Team-BHP Support

Gunbir. We (on this forum) care. Aint that enough?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks