Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 14:07   #1
BHPian

JVC KD-AVX77 review

Hello Friends,
Just got the HU installed on my Cedia and played with it a bit.
Thought will share it with you all in case anyone else is thinking of buying it.

Here goes.....
Car is Cedia sports, stock except the ganpati
3 years almost over so sucembed to the temptation

Got the piece from Motorland in thane. Nice guy..
Took a lot of time but got it done nicely.

Sound quality.
Compared to the stock Balupunkt HU, this sounded amazing even with no amp or sub-woofer. But wanted the extra punch n separation of sound so got my old soundstream amp and sub-woofer connected.
Sound is Awsome!!!

Even at low volumes the sound is tight n clear.

Features-
Am not gonna talk of the features which all are there. rather will mention the ones that are practical and make it worthwhile.
1. Full touch screen - This is a great feature but one needs to get used to the way to touch. Am used to the iphone and found the HU touch is not as responsive as iphone.

2. Ability to customise the placement of buttons- this is fantastic. depends on who is controlling the HU, the controls can be arranged. Would have been even better if this was saveable like preferences for more than one type.

3. Ability to control volume n up down of songs using the complete screen (circular is for volume n up/down/left/right for songs) is a thoughtful feature but again is not very responsive. need to get used maybe.

4. changing the source - this is quiet crappy actually. even on 8GB pendrive, it takes quiet a few seconds to read up. I can just immagine what will happen if i connect a HDD. If a call comes, then gone. has to read all over after the call.

5. Proximity sensor - No complaints at all. this was very very cool and works like magic just wave the hand across the panel and you get the buttons back.

6. Phone connection- this runs on bluetooth so if your phone has bluetooth, then you are all set. just pair it once and as soon as the unit is started it will seek and connect to the phone. Voice quality is very very nice. but dont speak loudly or it will echo. speak as if you are speaking into the phone regularly. Needs some getting used to as the mind automatically makes you speak loudly when you have the mike setup on the rear view mirror

7. Iphone connectivity - phone connection works nicely. the network strength, battry status all shows properly but have been unable to share the phonebook till now.

Video -
1. The output is reasonable. somehow i like my iphone display better for watching movies. seems much clearer.

2. Region locked - this is crappy really!! u cant play indian DVDs unless they are region free. and even after searching the net, i could not find the unlock code. Have asked this question to the Ice gurus on TBHP as well hoping they can help solve it.

Overall-
Overall it is a value for money but not a wuhoo deal.

Cheers
Ranjith
Old 15th May 2010, 14:37   #2
BHPian

Pics please! The thread feels incomplete without the pics!
Old 15th May 2010, 17:01   #3
BHPian

yes. in the process of taking pics.
just got it installed 2 days ago..
will upload after sunday as there is a function at home and have a whole lot of relatives
Old 17th January 2012, 11:25   #4
BHPian

Re: JVC KD-AVX77 review

Guys

I want to procure KD AVX 77 head unit, pl let me know if anyone knows any place frm where I couuld procure the same, Mumbai is preferred but anyway in India is also Ok by me

thanks

Mustafa

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks