Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2010, 16:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

skumar : Since you said by pressing the door down the vibrations reduces, couple of other things too you have to check,

Get the doorpad removed and see if the plastic clips which attach the plastic pad into the metal frame are broken or not , sometimes fitters misplace the clips while removing the pad, this can cause a lot of jarring in a swift pad.

What are the eq settings on the player ? is the HPF on or off ? what is the bass level ? and at what volume does the jarring start ?
Old 13th November 2010, 09:49   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
skumar : Since you said by pressing the door down the vibrations reduces, couple of other things too you have to check,

Get the doorpad removed and see if the plastic clips which attach the plastic pad into the metal frame are broken or not , sometimes fitters misplace the clips while removing the pad, this can cause a lot of jarring in a swift pad.

What are the eq settings on the player ? is the HPF on or off ? what is the bass level ? and at what volume does the jarring start ?
The Eq setting I usually use is XPLOD, and jarring happens above around 14 level. HPF? never used that..Iguess its used for subwoofer? i dont have a dedicated subwoofer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte
The cross-overs are the small boxes (with a large copper coil as the most prominent component) to which the mid-bass and the tweeters are connected.
For my speakers, I don't think I have any cross-overs i my car. Is that fine for a stock installation of the speakers I mentioned? Do the cross-overs come with the speakers, or do I need to purchase them separately?

Last edited by skumar69 : 13th November 2010 at 09:52.
Old 13th November 2010, 10:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

The EQ setting Xplod makes only noise, try using custom with Bass at +3 to 4,

An HPF is a High Pass Filter which is used for speakers, not a sub, subs mostly are filtered with a LPF, Low Pass Filter.

The HPF if on will cut off some low frequencies which the speaker is not designed to handle at higher volumes, you can access this control by keeping the centre dial knob pressed down and a new set of menu options will show up.

The GT5 component speaker comes with a crossover which is a small black box about 1" X 3" into which the input wire goes in and two wires come out for speaker and tweeter, and no you don't have to buy it separately, it must be installed under the dash board or near the bottom kick panels in your case as the tweeter is on the dash board,
Another pointer is if by some chance the installer has not put it in, then the speakers will jarr a Lot , get it checked if the crossover is there in the setup.
Old 13th November 2010, 11:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
The EQ setting Xplod makes only noise, try using custom with Bass at +3 to 4,

An HPF is a High Pass Filter which is used for speakers, not a sub, subs mostly are filtered with a LPF, Low Pass Filter.

The HPF if on will cut off some low frequencies which the speaker is not designed to handle at higher volumes, you can access this control by keeping the centre dial knob pressed down and a new set of menu options will show up.

The GT5 component speaker comes with a crossover which is a small black box about 1" X 3" into which the input wire goes in and two wires come out for speaker and tweeter, and no you don't have to buy it separately, it must be installed under the dash board or near the bottom kick panels in your case as the tweeter is on the dash board,
Another pointer is if by some chance the installer has not put it in, then the speakers will jarr a Lot , get it checked if the crossover is there in the setup.
I checked. Mt HU does not have specific HPF setting. It has LPF, and something called Sub ATT. I wonder if this Sub setting is the same as HPF. This Sub has two options 75Hz and 125Hz i think.
Old 13th November 2010, 21:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar69 View Post
... For my speakers, I don't think I have any cross-overs i my car. ...
Oh no, you most certainly would have cross-overs that came with the JBL components (set of tweeters and mid-bass drivers). One normally does not buy an XO separately, it comes with the components.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks