Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 10:04   #1
BHPian

ICE for the family !

Right , the family consists of 2 little angels that live in fairytale land , 1 rocker that lives in Pink Floyd land and then we have the Home Ministry that's from Bollywood Land :-) .

A mate's just bought himself an i20 and is looking to upgrade his music system and has asked for our very own Team-bhp'ian touch to get the install done. Sawaal Jawaab session was as follows

Father : Dude ! I want a rocking system!!. I should feel as though Satriani is sitting on my shoulders and strumming away !

Angel no 1 : Silver Uncle, I want to watch cartoons and movies and jump and dance and scream in the back seat .

Angel no 2 : eerrrrm ...... same as angel no 1 but I'm too shy to say it in front of silver uncle .

Home Ministry : Whatever. Just get the kids what they want . Oh, i do like the way Shilpa Shetty sounds and moves in Mr.Romeo though !

Phew ! so the bullet points are as follows
  1. Budget hovers around 50k .
  2. I'm thinking we should offer the kiddos some fun by installing video screens in the headrest - Maybe just one would suffice even on the passenger seat .
  3. We would need luggage space in the boot to be available i suppose ,so maybe we can have an under-seat woofer. Maybe even open air woofer on parcel tray.
  4. 5 channel Amp rather than a mono and 4 channel to save on space again. 2 amps are fine if we end up choosing a free air woofer and so then, the amps go under the seats . whatever mods have to be done to make them fit should be no issues and dont disregard your suggestion thinking of the difficulty in installations.
  5. He has a fair load of Wurth damping sheets , so that will come to good use and doesn't have to be included in the budget
  6. Ipod and video playback facility for the Headunit
  7. Most important point - Ive told him that the budget could stretch to 70k once i get all you guy's valuable feedback .
  8. Sound Quality is a must since its for movies and quality tunes as well .
So would love it if everyone shouts out their suggestions . To all the guru's and one's who have had similar requirements . Please pour in all the jargon we mortals have to decipher.

PS : I'm not a robot , its just that i used to own a silver NHC

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 1st June 2010 at 10:08.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:38   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Phew ! so the bullet points are as follows[list=1][*]Budget hovers around 50k .[*]I'm thinking we should offer the kiddos some fun by installing video [*]We would need luggage space in the boot to be available[*]5 channel Amp.[*]He has a fair load of Wurth damping sheets[*]Ipod and video playback facility for the Headunit[*]Most important point - Ive told him that the budget could stretch to 70k
1. A 5 ch. amp will start at 25K.
2. 2 5-6" NecVox screen in the head rest will work beter than one big central screen in an i20. Expect to pay 8K for these 2 screens

DVD HU: 20K aka Pioneer 3250 (grey)
Amp: 25K aka JBL 5355 or something similar - the Kappa 5 is over 30K
4 Speakers: 10K JBL GT5 / Blaupunkt THc/Thx etc...
10" Subwoofer in small custom fiberglass box: 7K
NecVox screens: 8K
------------
70K and you still need to pay for wires, damping and install labour.

Ideally I would have prefered better speakers (Infinity, Focal, Boston, DLS etc) but given your budget of 50-70K and the 5 ch amp and DVD requirement JBL/Blau is what you are going to be limited to.

Also look for a good installer. THe i20 is a small car for so much equipment and if you want to retain luggage space and still have a clean install, choose an installer who has experience with this car and detailed installs.
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:19   #3
BHPian

Going by the suggestion's given by Navin , Ive kinda leanin towards the below kit .

FRONT COMPS : Inifnity Ref6030Cs (7000/-)
Rearm FILLS : Infinity ref9633( 5000/-)
WOOFERS : JBL GTO804 8" x 2 or just 1 x 12" woofer for spare wheel well in fiberglass enclosure (8000/-)
AMP : JBL GTO1004 (14000/-)
Mono :JBL 7001 (15,000/-)
Video Screen for Headrest : NecVox 6" x 1 (5000/-)
Head unit (usb + Ipod + Video) (20,000/- budget)
Wiring :(4000/-)

That totals to around 78k i think. I'm optimistic that the actual purchase prices will be lower or hoping that a fair bit of discount is offered with free installation from the retailer we end up choosing the equipment from .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks