Team-BHP - Bringing a car audio from Abroad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Bringing a car audio from Abroad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/8387-bringing-car-audio-abroad-2.html)

Guess I am stuck with only two radio stations... but I am more than ok because I just love the music that comes out of this HU. Actually, one of my friend bought this unit from US for himself but as things happened he decided to not to buy a car any time soon, as he is having all the fun with his Bullet enfield, so he offered me the HU.

Guys, I when I realized that it won't play all the station, I decided to go in for a India Sony CDX 7700, but before installation I asked the guy to put both US and India system and check the sound quality... Trust me guys, US one simply rocked, so I stick to the US one.

Dunno was the difference actual or pscyhological. Got JBL 6" component with the system, no sub woofers or amp as this was for my dad's car and he doesn't like it loud. The sound is amazing and I am in love with the current installation...

and will like to thank you all especially Navin, sam and Mclaren for help. I am an enlightened soul :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaneOp
....but before installation I asked the guy to put both US and India system and check the sound quality... Trust me guys, US one simply rocked, so I stick to the US one.

Dunno was the difference actual or pscyhological.

I would say psychological. Also maybe the settings were different on the 2 units. Remember, if it's the same model number and a Sony, It probably is made in the same factory, both for the US and for Asia.
Yes, if it's different factories, different components and build quality (in which case there is always a slight model number difference too)

I would say it is settings. Did yoy check that both systems were EQed to be flat.

I guess you are right .. I don't remember if both were set on same Eq .

Also got pioneer 4790 for my wagonR and sony 4" for front and Sony 6x9" for rear on a tray... The accessories guy had made for WagonR tray a pre-moulded one. Hope this will serve for sometime and I may add woofer later

Guys - I would also suggest getting the speakers from States-for those who can get through family/friends..I had recently purchased 2 component speaker sets from there..huge price difference..

1. Kicker KS 5.2 (around $90 with tax+shipping to Florida)
2. Kicker KS 6.2 (around $110 with tax+shipping to Florida)

Now,here,same Kicker components combined sell for Rs28,000 or something (with 1 year warranty)..
Even the ones bought from US carry 1 year warranty - but not valid in India..
So,I got both Kicker component sets for less than Rs10,000 from there..I think it's worth it..even if warranty not valid in India,still..

cheers,
sr

at those prices ofcourse it is worth the difference but if you see some manufacturers (in my exp Alpine and Infinity) have adjusted their India prices to be very competitive. so it really boils down to what you are buying.

example:
Infinity 5010cs in the US $140 = 6300. (was $180 when i bought mine). I got it installed for Rs. 8000. so for rs. 1700 it was delvierd here and installed. i think that is a good deal.

alpine 9853 in US $300 = rs. 13,500. I'm told the local price is about Rs. 16-17K installed. for the 3K difference it is worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaneOp
Guys, I did get one from US and as Navin rightly mention it selects only odd freqs... I want help on whether there can be some firmware or other alteration that can make my Sony fx7700 accept all freqs..

Hi Guys,

III'iar to the above;

I have been using a Sony Cdx Mp 70 HU (US version) for 2 years now and It selects odd frequencies only ( Can't get to listen to radio city at all :mad: ). We had got used to it but now that we are going in for a new Baleno; I just dont want to put up with it anymore but do not want to change the HU as I never had any problems with the same and the family really loves it.

I therefore checked out with a local sony service station and the guys told me that he would need to do some capacitor addition ( Read Rs 500) after which it would select "even" frequencies too.

I am a little worried over some local service chappie tampering with the HU but would really like to listen to the local fm channels. What do you ICE experts think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandman
Hi Guys,

I have been using a Sony Cdx Mp 70 HU (US version) for 2 years now and It selects odd frequencies only ...I am a little worried over some local service chappie tampering with the HU but would really like to listen to the local fm channels. What do you ICE experts think?

depending on the genius of the service guy. i know some who do good work but more who are dolts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
depending on the genius of the service guy. i know some who do good work but more who are dolts.

Ok. Reframe my earlier query to now be...

Does anybody know any service people in BLR who could this type of activity without a hitch?