Team-BHP - Budget of 20 k, but need a good audio system for my brand new xing
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Budget of 20 k, but need a good audio system for my brand new xing (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/8406-budget-20-k-but-need-good-audio-system-my-brand-new-xing.html)

Hi,

I have a budget of 20 k.
I apologise if a simliar thread exists, but I have searched all around and new a personalised response based on my requirement.

My main criteria is to have heart thumping effect with clearity when music plays.
Things required would be:

pioneer 6750(to cut down cost by 1k otherwise would have gone for 7750)
woofer
amp
rear and front speakers
Boom Box required or not
Cabling

Apart from the head unit could you give me a well defined configuration along with brand and cost if possible.
I am a novice, so please help.

Thanx in advance to all Bhpians.

well its pretty difficult to accomodate a HU,rear and front speakers,sub,amps,cabling all under 20k..well actually its impossible..
well as u have clearly mentioned u want heart thumping bass with immense clarity..now thats a tough choice to make with that kind of budget..
firstly we would suggest u use components up front but not sure if a xing can accomomdate anything over 4'' in the factory locations..so u might have to mod it a bit..
at the rears as ur very insistant about a sub u can do with a 6'' coax as ud be using them as rear filler only..now ud need either a 5ch(damn expensive),or a 4ch amp and 2ch amp for this setup..but as this would take ur setup way over the budget we recommend u get a good 4ch amp and use 2 ch to run the front comps and the other 2ch to run the sub..and run the rear coax from the HU of the amp..

as far as the HU goes pls do take a 7750 only as it has 3 preouts..for furhter details about advantages of 3 preouts over 2 check out a thread similar to this for a santro..

so id say:
1. JBL 506ce compos at 5.5k..
2. JBL 636e at 4k..
3. pioneer 306 sub at 3k and 1k for the sealed box..this will ensure u good punchy bass..
4. sony 504 at 3.5k to run the sub and the fronts..
5. approx 2k for the cabling..
toal 19k without HU for what u describe as what u need..

setup 2:
1. get a good 4'' for the fronts..approx 2.5k but they will drown bcoz the rears will be more powerful..
2. good 6x9's at 5k as these will give u enough bass atleast on par with a 8'' sub..
3. a good 4 ch amp at 7-8k..
no sub for this setup and using this setup would mean ur soundstage would be primararily from the back and not from the front..
total: 25k with the HU,cabling et all..

Quote:

My main criteria is to have heart thumping effect with clearity when music plays.
Dude, Thats not possible. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

Its very difficult to have SQ and SPL at the same time in a car. Before Gunbir contradicts, let me say it is possible but not in your budget, you will need atleast 3 times more.

I more or less agree with Mc Laren, one can get pretty decent music in your budget. Like Mc Laren stated Santro cant accomodate 5 inch speakers in the front. So fitting in components in the car in the front would be a tough task unless you are willing to do modifications to your car involving cutting or creating of a custom fiber glass enclosure. Most folks dont. Our freind JK has installed JBL components in the rear. They cost 5k with bill and warranty after a 10% discount which some dealers give. Or they can come as low as 4k in gray. You could try putting these in the rear on a custom MDF tray. In the front you could go for 4 inch speakers in custom location.
So here is what I will do:
1) Sony 504/502 for 3.5k or 2k
2) Head Unit 7k
3) Pioneer 306C sub for 2.7k and a custom box from MDF board for 800 Rs. This will make the bass tight and punchy.
4) JBL components 5k and front speakers 3k
5) Standard cabling kit from boss/explod/etc for 500 Rs.
===============================================
===============================================

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
Its very difficult to have SQ and SPL at the same time in a car. Before Gunbir contradicts

haha..good one lol: ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
...Before Gunbir contradicts, let me say it is possible...

Hehe cmon man, I hardly ever contradict anymore... wait... is that a contradiction again?

Well the thing with SQ is... if it plays clean and sounds nice, you will want to turn it up, then you get your chest thumping bass, and before you know it you are in SPL territory... Its what they call SQL.

But yeah, these guys are right... you arent going anyplace with that budget

20 k is aint enough.

i would seriously recommend compos at frnt provided u can get the fibre glass works done for ur fnt door.

if u can do that , ur audio is ready.

then all u need is a sub and amp.

as many mcl said. a 4 channel amp who do the job fine. use it 2 power the frnt compos and the sub.

if i was in bangalore i would haev done this.

i would seriously recommend jbl gto 426e at the frnt. if 2.5 is 2 much for u i recommend u 2 try the new cs series . leav sony products as u want nice clarity and thump.

and if u can get the hertz sub. heard it boom boom. maybe u can check out mlc's car if ur frm bangy.

sorry abt confusing u .

psst.... ther r 2 another threads reg. santro xing audio config

Thanx for your reply guys,

If i increase my budget to 25 k , can something good enough be worked out for me.

Please let me know,
Also I don't under the SPL and SQL thing.

pioneer 6750(rs. 7600) or 7750 ?
pioneer yellow cone speakers for rear
pioneer g6000 amp (rs.7000)
pioneer 12 inch woofer (rs.2600 )or sony xplod 12 inch (1300watts) for 2500
boombox shannon >2500
Cabling, which one should i go for ?
(i have heard boss is not that good enough)

Is the above config good enough?

I am sure there are better speakers than pioneer even in their price range.

Lets work backwards.....

HU: 9K
Front speakers: Sadly in a Santro only the 4" will fit so say 2.5-3K
Amp: 4 channel Sony at 3.5-4K
-----------------------------------------
Total: 15-16K plus wires.

Rear:
Option 1: 6x9 2 way or 3 way: 4K plues 1K for parcel tray
Option 2: 12" sub in box 6K + 2K for rear fill coax
----------------------------------------------------------------
Front + Option 1: 20-21K + wires
Front + Option 2: 23-24K + wires (use HU to drive rear coax speakers)

Now edit what youcant afford.

How good are the Sony/Boss amp cable kit? What is the alternative if one cannot afford Belden or simiar stuff?

Belden is my low cost option. If you cant afford Belden get good cables ISI maked and make your own. Aint that tough.

How much does Belden speaker and interconnect cable cost? We get some Taiwanese speaker cable in the elctronics market. The make looks absolutely fantastic. Pretty decent stuff. I use it all the time. Price ranges from 20 rupees/ metre to some 80 rupees.

i dont know i rarely pay for it! :-) Vivek you know me fron DIY I get a lot of stuff gratis. Scanspeak drivers were my biggest gift.

I am jealous of you.

Hey Capri Cap

My name is Ramie i am a Pro in Car audio system wiring and settings,I setup huge Car Systems

Dnt go in for ne Sony and Pioneers i'll suggest u something good in Budget

Pioneer 6750 - Rs:7900/-
M.A.Audio Speakers(France) - Rs:3550/-
Twister 12" Double Coil Dual Channel 1000watts Subwoofer (US) - Rs:4000/-
Twister 250 x 4 = 1000watts 4channel car amp (US) - Rs:6700/-
(with hpf,lpf,bass control gain control crossovers and x-overs)
Cliff design (California) Tweeters or Earthquake Tweeters (US) - Rs:1350/Rs:1500
Twister Wiring Kit + 1extra RCA Jack Cable - Rs:800 + 175
Boom Box 1"inch in thickness Custom make - Rs:2000/-

dis will blow up ur car man ;) and worth for money u spend on ur system :) and wont tear at all even on high volumes ne further details u want or probs u can contact me on ramnik_matharoo@yahoo.com :)