Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 12:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest ICE for i10

I need a good sounding setup in my i10, but i do not wish to change the stock HU because i can't spend on a decent 2DIN head unit at present. I have an SQ system in my mind, but i don't care as long as it sounds good for me. I don't listen to a particular genre of music but everything goes except too much trance, psychedelic and similar brain bending stuff.

Please suggest front components 6.5" , rear fills 6.5" (in doors) and a suitable amplifier (please note that amp needs to have speaker level inputs). I do not intend to go for a sub as long as i am keeping the stock HU, which might be forever.

Regarding the components, i have a lot of mixed stuff troubling my mind few are; Bull Audio, Infinity Reference/Kappa, Rainbow SLX Deluxe/CSX, Focal Access/Polyglass, Boston SR60.

I need strong midbass too since a sub is not in the picture.

For the rear fills i would like to choose one from the same series of compos i finally select for the front.

Amp i don't know... Focal Solid 4 puts out 75WRMS x 4 at 4 ohms and might be good for the Focals. Rainbows are rated at 100W RMS so if going with Rainbows i'd like something which can pump out 100WRMS x 4 at 4ohms. But keep in mind that i need speaker level inputs, i don't wish to go for a line output converter.

Budget is variable, it depends, i can spend upto 20k for front compos and i don't know if the options i have listed fall under 20k. Please suggest others since i'm no ICE guru
Old 17th July 2010, 10:27   #2
vsi
BANNED

PLEASE HELP
Yesterday i went to a hyundai showroom in NOIDA for a new I10. Though i was interested in SPORTZ model because of its integrated HU, in the dealership, they had displayed a magna model with a HU installed which looked very similar to the original HU which comes in SPORTZ & ASTA models.
I enquired about it with the dealership and they told me that it is of "MOBIS" brand and is of HYUNDAI OEM and it costed 12000/- inclusive of 4-speakers (160W that he told me).

I tried to search "MOBIS" brand HU on the NET and i did not found anything.

Fellow members, is anyone having any idea regarding this.

Whether it is correct or the dealer is trying to sell some cheap chinese made HU in the name of Hyundai.
Old 17th July 2010, 18:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsi View Post
PLEASE HELP
Fellow members, is anyone having any idea regarding this.

Whether it is correct or the dealer is trying to sell some cheap chinese made HU in the name of Hyundai.
I think its genuine! The same has been mentioned by sidindica in this thread!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...em-i-10-a.html

I think its good that hyundai introduced an OE HU with USB support for the i10!!
Old 20th July 2010, 18:48   #4
BHPian

rainbow has a kickbass series in components that should be well within 20k, check them out. a lot of amps come with speaker level inputs, even the kenwood 8401 has it, but the performance isn't as good as with RC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I need a good sounding setup in my i10, but i do not wish to change the stock HU because i can't spend on a decent 2DIN head unit at present. I have an SQ system in my mind, but i don't care as long as it sounds good for me. I don't listen to a particular genre of music but everything goes except too much trance, psychedelic and similar brain bending stuff.

Please suggest front components 6.5" , rear fills 6.5" (in doors) and a suitable amplifier (please note that amp needs to have speaker level inputs). I do not intend to go for a sub as long as i am keeping the stock HU, which might be forever.

Regarding the components, i have a lot of mixed stuff troubling my mind few are; Bull Audio, Infinity Reference/Kappa, Rainbow SLX Deluxe/CSX, Focal Access/Polyglass, Boston SR60.

I need strong midbass too since a sub is not in the picture.

For the rear fills i would like to choose one from the same series of compos i finally select for the front.

Amp i don't know... Focal Solid 4 puts out 75WRMS x 4 at 4 ohms and might be good for the Focals. Rainbows are rated at 100W RMS so if going with Rainbows i'd like something which can pump out 100WRMS x 4 at 4ohms. But keep in mind that i need speaker level inputs, i don't wish to go for a line output converter.

Budget is variable, it depends, i can spend upto 20k for front compos and i don't know if the options i have listed fall under 20k. Please suggest others since i'm no ICE guru
Old 20th July 2010, 19:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Use a good HLA thats your best bet to get max out of stock HU.
Old 21st July 2010, 11:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply guys. I decided to leave the i10 audio upgrade plan and instead concentrate on the A-Star audio upgrade. I'm thinking of going 3 Way in the A-Star since it provides an easy route with its 4" speaker location on the dash in addition to 6.5" door speaker location.
Old 21st July 2010, 11:27   #7
BHPian

I10's stock HU and speakers lack bass but they are fine for a below average music listner like me. I switch on the HU only to listern to FM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks