Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2010, 01:29   #1
BHPian

Toyota Fortuner ICE Upgrade - Need advice and suggestions!!

Hello everyone!

I booked a black Toyota Fortuner through Nippon Toyota Trivandrum yesterday.

But I have a few queries regarding the audio system.
The Fortuner comes with a 2 DIN 6 CD changer audio system. It also has steering mounted audio controls.

Now I am not at all happy with what Toyota is providing. I already have a Kenwood 2 DIN touchscreen system which I bought sometime back for my Innova (but never fixed it).

When I told the salesman that I wished to change the audio system with the new Kenwood head unit and change all speakers to component speakers, the guy said that it is not possible to do this on the Fortuner. I wonder why.

My question is: Is the saleman talking any sense?
Secondly, suppose I succeed in installing the sound system, will I still be able to use the steering mounted audio controls?
Old 18th July 2010, 20:33   #2
BHPian

Hello TheStig, congrats on the new buy. I have booked mine in Super White the day before with Lanson Toyota, Chennai. But alas the delivery is scheduled for the 1st week of March 2011.

Now coming to the issue in hand, you will find most queries answered in the ICE section and it would be ideal to browse through the same. But otherwsie, you could get a sensor installed which will make your steering controls operational. For a little more info, check out this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...fications.html.

Cheers
Champion
Old 18th July 2010, 21:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Hello everyone!

I booked a black Toyota Fortuner through Nippon Toyota Trivandrum yesterday.

But I have a few queries regarding the audio system.
The Fortuner comes with a 2 DIN 6 CD changer audio system. It also has steering mounted audio controls.

Now I am not at all happy with what Toyota is providing. I already have a Kenwood 2 DIN touchscreen system which I bought sometime back for my Innova (but never fixed it).

When I told the salesman that I wished to change the audio system with the new Kenwood head unit and change all speakers to component speakers, the guy said that it is not possible to do this on the Fortuner. I wonder why.

My question is: Is the saleman talking any sense?
Secondly, suppose I succeed in installing the sound system, will I still be able to use the steering mounted audio controls?
The Stig, congrats on booking the Fortuner. You can very well change the HU as per your choice and components can be installed but a piece of advice here, get the ICE done from a Pro.

Moreover, this thread is parked in the wrong section. Ask the Gurus is the right section and you would get better answers there, detailed and to the point. Looking forward to your ownership thread.
Old 18th July 2010, 22:55   #4
BHPian

@TheStig : Congrats for your new fortuner !! As far as upgrading the ICE is concerned, you can very much change the entire ICE setup including the stock integrated HU which comes with the vehicle. I would suggest you to go through the range of HU offered by Caska. They are very much like any stock integrated HU but with more feature like touchscreen displays, Navigation, etc. Go through the ICE section of T-BHP and look out for Caska HU in google.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:13   #5
BANNED

Stig
Welcome to fortuner club mate. Now CASKA has a dealer in cochin. The name is Media Team solutions india pvt ltd. And they have stock of Fortuner, civic, corolla and other brands. I went there 2 days back for checking the system. The quality seems to be good. The tactile feel is great. They gave me a detailed demo in their Civic. The only bad thing is the price. Its 47000inr. Add Rs 11000 for TPMS and Rs.9000 for ipas and you are done...
Cheers
Dilip
Old 12th August 2010, 00:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Stig
Welcome to fortuner club mate. Now CASKA has a dealer in cochin. The name is Media Team solutions india pvt ltd. And they have stock of Fortuner, civic, corolla and other brands. I went there 2 days back for checking the system. The quality seems to be good. The tactile feel is great. They gave me a detailed demo in their Civic. The only bad thing is the price. Its 47000inr. Add Rs 11000 for TPMS and Rs.9000 for ipas and you are done...
Cheers
Dilip
So I wrote to the email ids (2 of them) I found on their website (http://www.caska.in/index_files/Page409.htm) and also tried calling them last Saturday. After 4 days of wait, no answer. If I do manage to purchase this, wonder what the post sales will be like.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 12th August 2010 at 00:51.
Old 12th August 2010, 01:08   #7
BHPian

The salesman did mention that Toyota is now offering a 2 DIN touchscreen system with MapMyIndia navigation. I'm not sure about this.
But I wonder if its this Caska brand they are offering. Is Caska an OEM for Toyota? I checked out their website and everything seems to be made exclusively for certain models!
Old 13th August 2010, 07:00   #8
BANNED

Caska

Stig
The showroom in cochin has both Motevo and Caska on display. The guy said that Caska is a better option. Having seen both I also feel the build quality and functions are better in Caska.(TPMS,OBD). The price is a bit on the higher side. But one accessories shop here offered me the same for around 40K.I will confirm it and let you know..
Cheers

uote=TheStig;2022478]The salesman did mention that Toyota is now offering a 2 DIN touchscreen system with MapMyIndia navigation. I'm not sure about this.
But I wonder if its this Caska brand they are offering. Is Caska an OEM for Toyota? I checked out their website and everything seems to be made exclusively for certain models![/quote]
Old 13th August 2010, 07:02   #9
BANNED

Hi
Now there website is www.caskaindia.com and not the one you mentioned...
Cheers
Dilip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
So I wrote to the email ids (2 of them) I found

on their website (Products) and also tried calling them last Saturday. After 4 days of wait, no answer. If I do manage to purchase this, wonder what the post sales will be like.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks