Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 15:18   #1
BHPian

Please Suggest ICE for Chevy Cruze!!!

Hi,

I am looking to install audio system in my Cruze, Now the cruze comes with stock head unit which I find it a big pain, still wont be replacing that.

What i am looking for is, 2 good rear end speaker ( might just keep the door way speakers). So please advice what to buy.

Besides that I am looking for either a woofer or a Base tube, Please do suggest what will be better in terms of sound quality in a car like Cruze.

Lastly also looking for amps. If i have to connect my door way speakers + rear speakers + woofer, I guess i will be needing 2 Amplifier.

Please do suggest what should i get. My budget is somewhere between 25-30k Max.

Thanks a lot.
Old 19th July 2010, 15:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
... 2 good rear end speaker ...
Besides that I am looking for either a woofer or a Base tube, ... I guess i will be needing 2 Amplifier. ...
Key question is - are you driving the car or is a driver always driving it?

What one would recommend if you are driving:
1. A pair of good components (5-8K) in the front doors (JBL, Infinity, Blaupunkt, Illusion, Hertz, etc.)
2. Either a pair of round co-axes in the rear doors (not rear end) or a pair of 6x9 oval speakers on the parcel shelf (between the rear seat and the rear windshield) (3-5K) (Same brands as above)
3. A good 12" subwoofer in a box in the boot (you can even think of using one side of the boot with a custom made fiber-glass box; leaves a lot of space in the boot for luggage) (4-8K) (Blaupunkt, Ground Zero, JBL, Infinity etc.)
4. A 4-channel amp (app. 6K) to drive the front components with 2 channels, and the subwoofer with the other 2 channels bridged. The rear speakers can be driven by the stock HU itself (Blaupunkt, JBL, Kenwood, etc.). If you want the world to know you have a woofer, get a mono - but that will add another 10K at least to the cost.
5. Wires, cables and labor on top of that (app.3-5K)

If a driver is always driving the car and you sit on the back seat always, put a pair of round coaxes on the front door, and components in the rear doors.

Before you decide on brands and models, please take some time listening to different systems installed in cars. You could request @bass&trouble or @ramie to help you audition different systems. Trust only your own ears to judge what is good for you.
Old 19th July 2010, 16:21   #3
BHPian

Thanks for your advice,

Mostly I am at the drivers seat.

1. I would like to ask as how is the Polk Momo ( dont rem the model no) but its costing me approx 9k.

2. Since you have mentioned that i can use the 2 channel from the stock, that ways I will be needing only 1 good 4 channel amp?

3. I am getting the Hertz Hi-Energy HCX -165 2 ways 6.5 speakers for 5.5k , Is that a good buy?

4. Any specific reason why a Wub-woofer is better then a base tube?

Thanks again
Old 19th July 2010, 21:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

1. Polk db model would be better (and cheaper). Most people have found the Momos very bright (too much high frequency)
2. Yes, you will only need 1 4-channel amp that way
3. A lot of people like it, a lot of people find it harsh/bright. That's how it goes - one has to audition it oneself to figure out whether one likes it or not. Shouldn't happen that you use price as the basis, and discover that you'd rather not have it after purchasing
4. The bass tubes (they are just ported enclosures in the form of a cylinder) go booommmm whereas a sub in a sealed box goes boom. Most people who like their subs to go BOOOOOMMMMMM like ported enclosures or tubes. Not sure what is your taste!

Last edited by DerAlte : 19th July 2010 at 21:41.
Old 16th July 2020, 12:58   #5
BHPian

Re: Please Suggest ICE for Chevy Cruze!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
1. Polk db model would be better (and cheaper). Most people have found the Momos very bright (too much high frequency)
2. Yes, you will only need 1 4-channel amp that way
3. A lot of people like it, a lot of people find it harsh/bright. That's how it goes - one has to audition it oneself to figure out whether one likes it or not. Shouldn't happen that you use price as the basis, and discover that you'd rather not have it after purchasing
4. The bass tubes (they are just ported enclosures in the form of a cylinder) go booommmm whereas a sub in a sealed box goes boom. Most people who like their subs to go BOOOOOMMMMMM like ported enclosures or tubes. Not sure what is your taste!
If I like my beats to hit tight and hard, without a lot of shaky bhrrrrrr noises, a sealed enclosure is better? Is that what you're saying?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks