Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2005, 09:08   #16
Team-BHP Support

Q: How do you meaure SQL?

A: With your ears and some real music

Gunbir, I'd take an SQ (forget the SQL) setup over SPL. I have had my share of SPL.

Guys, in my death metal days I used to play trash guitar with my head about 6" away from a Marshall JCM 900 2x12" combo. I have had my share of SPL.
Old 14th November 2005, 18:56   #17
BHPian

Would love to hear out SQ and SPL Cars at the same time with the same set of CD's to actually see the difference.

Wonder if any such shows are planned for Hyderabad?

Shall be waiting for Gunbir's posts on SQ
Old 15th November 2005, 00:34   #18
BHPian

hey guys, good to see the ICE scene on a high these days on tbhp navin bhai & co. please try getting some pics from the event as i was in pune & unable to attend. would love to meet you guys next time around.
P.S. - i got a few pics from the AV Max Auto Expo from 11 - 13 june. where can i post them?
~cheers
Old 15th November 2005, 00:37   #19
Team-BHP Support

me take pics? for that you gotta enlist the other old man (Rudra). I take pics with my head.
Old 15th November 2005, 00:44   #20
BHPian

hehe. didnt know rudra (uncle? ) has shifted to mumbai. anyways please tell me where do i post the old av expo pics.

Last edited by gamerno1 : 15th November 2005 at 00:46.
Old 15th November 2005, 00:56   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
me take pics? for that you gotta enlist the other old man (Rudra). I take pics with my head.
hhmm...but the problem is ur head is so well protected(with unauthorised entry devices ) that none of us can take a look at the pics lol..how come we get to post all the pics and u people dont do the same..im very dissappointed.. hope atleast sam has clicked a few pics..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 15th November 2005 at 00:57.
Old 15th November 2005, 01:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

emm, and hope sam's not gonna give another surprise
Old 15th November 2005, 01:16   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
emm, and hope sam's not gonna give another surprise
this time the honours of giving a surprise, still better to be called a "jhatka" goes to navin..talking about modding the optras sound..hehe sam surely would have forgotten all his surprises for an instant ..he must have been hanging onto dear life.. good going navin...
Old 15th November 2005, 12:13   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

No no no McL. The Optra is still in Bangy. Navin was talking about modifying the Infinity HOME audio tweeters.
lol, yup, we finally met and it was a great experience. Navin is a pretty famous guy, even some of our crew knew him from some other forums.(lol@ lizard on a tree)

Yes, the Palio is pure SPL. It was a statement and we made it. When you do something, you do it well and sit back. We tuned that car to make people sick and we succeeded.
The Optra and the new car to be (heh heh) is pure SQ.

My apologies for not being here all this time, I'm back for a day now, before i leave.
Old 15th November 2005, 13:18   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

A few pics :)

Old 15th November 2005, 17:42   #26
Team-BHP Support

Yeah i was talking about the Infinity Cascade tweeters. i suspect that there is a niggle is the freq. response between 2.5 and 3.5kHz. there are multiple ways to resolve this. I will list a few in order of the change that would have the least side effect.

1. increase the rear chamber (and damp it) of the tweeter lowering the tweeter's Fs (the effect of this depends on the tweeter's Xmax).

2. snip of that "time correction lens" in front the tweeter. add a felt strip to one side of the tweeter or take a piece of cloth cut a hole thie dia of the tweeter's dome and apply that on the tweeter's faceplate

3. delve in to the XO using FFT and Spectral delay curves.

remember Sam I am basing this on very nearfield listening when i had me ear about 1" away from the tweeter and what i heard when i was sitting on the floor and onthe chair.

the ideal seat for this speaker might have been a bean bag.
Old 15th November 2005, 21:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sam, those pics are mindblowin man!!! Im sure Harman Kardon stole the venue...

You with the headphones on the mixer,,,,are you considerig a profession change?? Anywys you look like Dj Ivan in that one... Im serious!!!

Navin sir, why are you wasting your energy on that tweeter thingie??? We inferior beings do not comprehend a grain and Sam isnt as receptive as you think...........so you might wana reconsider your wee appreciable gesture You know what I mean???
Old 16th November 2005, 09:58   #28
Team-BHP Support

Why do you say Sam is not recpetive? In any case, it is a cross we DIYers bear. We like to see the best extracted out of everything. Psycho's zen for example. It can do 220kmph and leave bigger, more powerful cars behind. Apparently Psycho has some secret sauce in the cam.
Old 16th November 2005, 16:27   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf

You with the headphones on the mixer,,,,are you considerig a profession change?? Anywys you look like Dj Ivan in that one... Im serious!!!
Hey Wolf,

Sahil International also represents Denon Professional (Read: DJ products) in India.

And yes, Actually I am also a DJ. My style is more laid back, more melody and deep house rather than hard hitting and psy.
I know that will suprise you, as we had a long discussion on Deicide and old school thrash, but i enjoy all music, from Thelonius Monk to Cannibal Corpse.

So there's another surprise lol
Another one is the fact that Navin had bigger death metal days than you currently do. Never judge an old man by his cover
Old 17th November 2005, 10:17   #30
Team-BHP Support

Yup, this old man manged to get on stage with Mega Death at the Cat Club in NYC in 1988. never mind I was not playing any instrument. I was the JD and So Co transporter. Those were the days. We did not have severe DUI or DWI laws yet.

BTW the most extreme Metal concert antic was when Ron Halford strode on stage in 100 deg. heat in Philadelphia (RFK Stadium) in an ALL LEATHER outfit.

Last edited by navin : 17th November 2005 at 10:19.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks