Amp: Blaupunkt gta4 special mk2
Sub: 8" JBL GTO804

Phase 3:
Rear Coax: 6 1/2" JBL GTO638
4 Door and Boot Damping

My questions:

1) How much would each of these cost?
2) How hard is it to source them?
3) would I get a decent sound output with the mentioned setup?
4) Have EVO in mind for installation - any other thoughts?
5) Wiring/Cabling what should I know?
6) Where can I get an audition for the above or similar setup?

also, is there anything else I must know before I start with ICE'ing my ride.
Old 27th July 2010, 23:06   #2
BHPian

Nice choice of equipment there!

The Illusion Electra 4.1 is one of the finest speaker set I've heard in 4" inches. Total VFM. You can touch base with Ajay (Bass&Trouble) and he'll be able to help you sourcing the set in Bangalore. Should be around 4.5k.

X7016 is almost the best HU that you can buy for 12-13k. The Illusion components which are rated at around 40W RMS will run just fine from the HU in phase 1.

Blaupunkt gta4 special mk2 is one of the most popular amps here. I have heard the amp in 3-4 setup here in Chandigarh and its good! Should cost you around 6-7k. Other choices in the same price will be Kenwood 8401/Bull Audio 4.200/JBLS644/JBL1004.

I'd recommend a 10" sub over the 8" one. There might be a minimal increase in box size but it'll definitely go lower. Blaupunkt/Polk/Image Dynamics make great 10" subs (ID being the costliest).

In Phase 1, you will miss on frequencies < 150Hz, so if you fit an amp & sub in phase 1, I don't think you'll need phase 2 or 3.

If you willing to alter the door pads, you can even go for 6.5" components. I've seen a few threads here and I think EVO has done a nice job installing 6.5" comps where 4" is the limitation.

Good luck!
Old 27th July 2010, 23:57   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Nice choice of equipment there!

I'd recommend a 10" sub over the 8" one.

If you willing to alter the door pads, you can even go for 6.5" components. I've seen a few threads here and I think EVO has done a nice job installing 6.5" comps where 4" is the limitation.
Thanks for your inputs Lord. I was worried that I would cramp the already tiny boot with a 10" sub.

And with regards to altering the door pads, it would be a big no no. I would like to keep the car as much stock as possible. And no doubt Satya (EVO) does outstanding installs, I wanted to check if anyone had an other say.
Old 28th July 2010, 14:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

I like your choice of components. But let me tell you, going to a 6.5 inch mid bass will be huge upgrade over 4 inch Illusions. I have done it and I am enjoying my music to no end. No upgrade impulses nothing. Even the 12 inch woofer sits perfectly in my boot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks