Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 18:27   #1
BHPian

Headunit with BT

I was looking for a headunit with bluetooth and found Pioneer DEH-7100BT. I am planning to but this from US. Can gurus please advice me of any issues with fitment of headunits from US.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda View Post
I was looking for a headunit with bluetooth and found Pioneer DEH-7100BT. I am planning to but this from US. Can gurus please advice me of any issues with fitment of headunits from US.
HU are normally 1 DIN or 2 DIN. Beyond that you might need a dash kit from the manufacturers of your vehicle to fit the HU so that it looks factory fitted.

Thankfully all cars are 12V so there are not voltge issues. Other than that look for HUs that have "European tuning" for their FM stations. This will ensure that you can tune even numbered stations like 104.0, 96.4 etc... In the US due to norms laid down by the FCC most public stations have odd numbers a la 98.3, 107.1, etc... This topic has been covered a few years ago on TBHP (use the search tool).
Old 9th August 2010, 06:22   #3
BHPian

I'm also looking to buy the same H.U from U.S, It costs $239 (approximately INR 11,300). It has everything including blue tooth and also you can use the steering wheel remote. Reviews are good. Only hiccup is bill and warranty .
I'm not sure which store you are buying it from but i found this one cheaper than amazon and it's an online ICE store and you get almost everything here. Check the link below.

Pioneer DEH-P7100BT MP3 CD Players - In-Dash Receivers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Let me know what have you decided, and looks like you are from Bangalore, Where are you getting your car ICE'd?

Cheers!
-Z

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks