Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 20:20   #1
BHPian

Help Safari ICE upgrade

Gurus, please help upgrade the audio of a Safari 2.2.

I have been running a rudimentary system for the last 2.5 years with the following setup:
HU - Pio 2050
Front - JBL GTO 607 component set
Rear - Coaxials (local brand I suppose)
Amp and Sub - None

The current scenario is that one of the tweeters of the JBL set in the front got crushed and there might be lose connections developed as well during a windshield/AC job at the service station. I am presently not using audio because of the one sided sound and thinking of an upgrade while replacing the crushed tweeter.

I have been reading through a lot of posts over the last few days in this section and thanks to all, my knowledge on the subject has widened substantially by all standards earlier

The budget is 20K about, do not mind stretching slightly. Would like to retain the JBL comps in the front.

Sound preference: Clean sound, not much into boom, like it clear and crisp.

Musical preference: Mostly rock and heavy metal; occasional jazz, ghazals and western instrumental/classical.

Space: Maximum boot space

Please help me spreading my purchase over the following points, listing them as per my priority as of the moment:
1> A good 4 channel amp as I understand this can give me the best boost in SQ
2> Replacement tweeter, any suggestions on good local brands is also welcome that I can buy single or pair
3> Change the HU for a better source (USB compatible if at all), any HU supporting OGG format?
4> Good cables
5> A bass tube perhaps but I am debating a pair of better coaxials for the rear over the tube as I can put a sub in the future on a bridged amp out if need be and anyway booming bass is not sought as well as I save the space

Cheers,
Ap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks